Any thought behind your " Avatar"

by The Rebel 52 Replies latest jw friends

• freddo
    freddo

Mine is Emperor Hirohito during WW2 sat astride a large gun barrel surrounded by his top brass. They all look confident and imposing and unassailable.

Pride goes before a crash. Pride hides inner weakness.

I hope that what appears to be unassailable is really rather weak.

• fedup
    fedup
    I really believed I'd never quit being a JW
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Toesup

You could take it 2 ways. Dead at Armageddon (bird food according to JW's). Or, toes up at the beach, enjoying life to its fullest.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

My Avatar is the symbol the Romulan Empire. Descendants of the Vulcans, they rejected Surak's teachings during the Time of the Awakening and marched under the banner of a bird of prey. Thus the raptor symbol.

Romulans are stubborn, emotional, and prone to profound arrogance.

Sound like anyone we know?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Mine is a photo I took in Lake Como, Italy. A symbol if you like of my first independent step, a holiday on my own. Xanthippe was the wife of Socrates. I don't agree with everything Plato said but he was my introduction to philosophy.

I started reading Plato before I left the JWs. I learnt that the Greeks were trying to work out how to be a good person 500 years before Jesus and none of them claimed to be the son of God, they just used logic. I told my mother what I was reading. She was worried and thought it would take me out of the religion. She was right.

• RichardHaley
    RichardHaley
    Fading so have to remain anonymous... the invisible man seemed fitting.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away

Spending time sailing with my husband gave me time to breathe and experience life outside the control of the organization, time to unwind away from indoctrination. It was the catalyst for my waking up. I left a believer, because the cognition dissonance was literally killing me. I just wanted to love my family who left before I had in the time we had left together. I simply was unwilling to shun my DF'd son. If Jehovah wanted to kill me for that, so be it.

I learned TTATT a few months after I sailed away. Oh, and Emma is my little sailor dog. 

Diane

• BlackWolf
    BlackWolf
    Mine is of course another play on the sheep metaphor. I'm the apostate, a wolf hiding in sheep's clothing. ;)
  • talesin
    talesin

Stan livedeath - ahaha! I love that license plate; must show my flatmate. And I am so bad at anagrams, that is gonna bug the hell out of me.

Great topic!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Mine is a photograph of me ;).

I am drinking espresso, because that's symbolic of me. Behind me is Niagara Falls, which is symbolic of where I'm from.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit