Any thought behind your " Avatar"

by The Rebel 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    i tried a few pictures but nothing seemed to fit. the current one seems quite random
  • cofty
    cofty

My avatar is a picture of the railway bridge in my home town. It is lit up at night and reflects in the river Tweed below.

My username is an acronym.

• oppostate
    oppostate
    I like kissing, what else can I say :- )
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

cofty: My username is an acronym.

What does the acronym stand for?

• cofty
    cofty
    When I first joined a forum years ago I had just won a regional football coaching award from the English FA -
    Coach OF The Year
  • Heaven
    Heaven
    A former colleague of mine told me I reminded him of Betty Cooper from the Archie Comics.
  • kairos
    kairos

The picture is a screen grab and crop of a brain dead dub going to the convention in last year's 'white board teaching video'.

My name is Kairos. My *real* first name.

I never go by it. Only my closest friends know the name.
    I'm hiding in plain site.

Also for extra credit:
    research 'kairos' in the WT library.

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch
    I like beer :) I like it even more if I get a nice head on the top and I can draw a smiley face
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

To state the obvious, by name and avatar is a play on the biblical shepherd/sheep metaphor. I personally do not believe the God of the bible exists (except in people's heads), hence I am "shepherdless". The pic is of a black sheep to indicate I am happy not to conform.

I always thought the shepherd/sheep metaphor to be actually appropriate. Shepherds only care for their sheep for the purposes of fleecing them, and/or to butcher them later. Shepherds use techniques such as fear etc to manipulate sheep and keep them under control. Sheep don't know that their shepherds are not what they seem, until too late.

• stillin
    stillin

My avatar says that I'm technologically challenged. And maybe lazy. I've tried a couple of times to get a real one but (obviously) never succeeded.

no! Wait! That's an actual picture of me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit