Any thought behind your " Avatar"

by The Rebel 52 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I think that's the correct phrase? Anyway when I first came here, that little picture that "The Rebel" hides behind, was a self portrait of a very sad man, who simply had too much knowledge. Now I feel after 7 months here, I should repaint that " Avetor" give some happiness to the eyes, and a contented smile to the lips.

In short my " Avetor" was a self portrait of a man with too much knowledge. A sad man, a lonely man, having to discard all that watchtower " knowledge" and needing a new journey of discovery and "truth" in the hope of finding a more meaningful reason to live.

How about you guys, did you put any thought in to your, username or Avetor?

The Rebel.

• pixel
    pixel
    "Avatar". Just pixels.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    "Kick Ass"
  • Hadriel
    Hadriel
    ...use ur brain.
  • crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light
    I think I don't have to "ex-splane" my name. The avatar with a beard and the text "tall, dark and rugged" (picture taken from a shirt) stand for a free life without anybody have the right to make a decission if you have to shave, wear a skirt or what else.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Well "crazy - flickering - light" I gave you a thumbs up, because your name is like the " Sex Pistols " " The Grateful Dead " it scares people. Much like the name " Jehovers Witnesses" which is why when we knocked on doors we introduced ourselves as " bible students" ...pathetic, wasn't it, but thought provoking ? Introducing ourselves as " Jehovers Witnesses" was not encouraged, and I wonder why :-) ?

Maybe our message was more destructive than " The Sex Pistols" and " The Grateful Dead" that's irony, if you think about it.

The Rebel.

• millie210
    millie210

The idea of elders being like mill stones around peoples necks was in my head at the time I joined.

I also like the idea of how a mill grinds things down to the essential and valuable part.

I am in the process of doing that with my spiritual beliefs.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

My favorite cat ever!!!

Couldn't care less about what goes on around him, just feed me my fat ass and leave me alone to relax.😎

Same attitude I have about the Org.

DY

• crazy_flickering_light
    crazy_flickering_light

Thanks Rebel. It's taken from an danish film. I like the black humor of scandinavian films. Also this name fit very good to the overlapping and all this stuff.

But do you like a really scary story? We got a CO that push the dubs to say that we from the bOrg. Something like: "Good morning, we from the local cong of Jehober Witches and want to suck you into a cult!"

Every door is like hell, when the dub you preaching with, start like this.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    The album cover of Supertramp's Crime of the Century depicts how my mind was held captive by the cult. It's a crime for anyone to be captive when there's a limitless universe to learn from other than religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit