Any thought behind your " Avatar"

by The Rebel 52 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    People have called me an idiot so many times that I think it's part of my name. I also like villages.
  • rebelfighter
    rebelfighter
    As I said before my name comes from Rebel that was what my mother called me, she hated me and I was the rebellious one. Fighter well that is what the "Elder" said I was, he said you fight every thing you disagree with and I said that is how I got to be successful in life.
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind

My Avatar to me conveyed how I was feeling when first coming out of or waking up from being a jw my entire existence. The spell was broken and there I was fully having my own thoughts, perspectives, opinions, emotions, etc. for the first time! So beautiful thoughts from a beautifully free mind.

• DJS
    DJS

TheRebel, nice OP. You are one of the better posters on the site. Thanks. Millie, Beautiful Mind et al, interesting stories behind the stories. Thanks.

My avatar is me. This is the first on-line blog I've ever joined (other than an ex-dub site about 19 years ago for 3 months), so I didn't realize that my User Name when I signed in would be my user name that showed up when I posted. Duh. So I just used my initials. David James at your service. Pleased to meet you; hope you guessed my name. But what's troubling you is . . .

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

While I don't go around preaching the "ancient astronaut/ancient alien theory" as fact, I think it is a pretty interesting idea. No, I do not watch the show "Ancient Aliens"

So when I found this picture I liked it. If you watched the last Star Trek movie, you saw that the Enterprise is in a fairly new planet where the men-like creatures that live there are in the early stages of forming an organized society. By mistake, the Enterprise's cloaking is deactivated at the wrong time and the ship becomes visible to the natives, who begin to draw what they see in the sand and they start worshipping it.

The crew of the ship would have come to be the angels in that case, therefore I decided to pick the name "StarTrek Angel"

• Stealth
    Stealth

Japanese kanji symbol for 'TRUTH'

• elderINewton
    elderINewton

Its all about the Simpsons in that episode where Homer has to beg for his job back. Mr. Burns places a special demotivation poster on his wall "Don't forget your here forever." Homer then places pictures over the poster and it says "Do it for her."

It's so much like the Watchtower to me, they demotivate everyone to stay and follow, but its best to escape for my girls (aka - do it for her).

• Giordano
    Giordano

My little guy appealed to me........ reminded me of my son in his gi. I studied Karate after I left the tooth. Wasn't much good at it so settled for Kung Foo movies. My wife stayed with it and earned a 2nd degree Black Belt. Really liked to kick ass.

I have a picture of my son on a tilt board at the dojo. He was eight at the time. So in the picture he's laying back all exhausted his arm is throw over his eye's. Very dramatic........ he's moaning and groaning......... I'm telling him "knock it off you only did three sit ups!".

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    The red sun pictures my anger that I had towards the org when I signed up on this site. Now I'm not that angry anymore. Now I laugh at them more that I am awake, but still mad some times. My newest discovery is that the NWT is tainted.
  • Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Mine is an atheist logo, that incorporates the science 'logo'.

As a coincidence the A from Atheism could also be interpreted as A for my first name.

I love science. Always did. Very curious too. It was this curiosity that killed the cat :-p

Since I'm out there are no mental blocks that keep me from researching the more interesting topics in science :-D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit