Hello Everyone!!!

by Christian Gutierrez 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez
    My name is Christian and my wife is Katja, and we have been out of the organization for a year and a half. We were both regular pioneers and I was a ministerial servant. We were very much happy to be witnesses and doing our best to do more for the organization. We even came very close to moving where the need was great. Thanks to social media we eventually stumbled across information that made us question our beliefs, and within a span of three months we knew we did not want to be part of the organization anymore. Our world came crashing down when we discovered it was all fake. We have been shunned ever since leaving but we are very much enjoying our freedom now that we are out. The world is not as evil as Watchtower makes it seem to be. It is very nice to meet you all :D
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

Hi Christian and Katja. Welcome. We have been following your U tube posts. They are great.

So happy you got out while you are young.

We are born ins. We escaped 3 years ago (late 40's) and have never felt happier. Got our kids out too!

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hey, nice to have you here. I can relate to your story. Our world crashed, too, when we found it was fake. Glad you and your wife found out together; that makes it far easier.

May I ask what country you are in? Also, what was the general feeling of the JWs in your area when you were still active? Were any starting to doubt "the truth"? Was there zeal for the ministry? Did any complain about the org and recent changes?

edited to add: OK, I just saw ToesUp's post; I think I know who you are now.

• Skedaddle
    Skedaddle

Welcome to you both! So nice to hear that it was social media that woke you up. Just interested, would you put it down to any one site or person? So glad you made it out and now can enjoy your free life instead of slaving away for the org.! Welcome again!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome to the rest of "the world"!

Congratulations!

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome Christian and Katja,

So you two are the youtube dynamic duo? I saw a couple of your videos last year. You both are ridiculously adorable, and I think you two can bring the Dark Lords down by yourselves!

Welcome!!! I'm not worthy.

• Christian Gutierrez
    Christian Gutierrez

Welcome to your freedom Toesup! We are from western Canada and we were super into the organization. There are many stories of people being disfellowshipped but nobody ever knew why. It wasn't until we left that we discovered that many decided to leave the organization. Most of them are young people but there is also lots of middle and older folks who left too. I wouldn't say that service is the most fun thing to do for most jws here but it is an obligation to do it anyways. Many are waking up here and we are working hard to get the message out :)

The first encounter on social media that made us think was found on instagram.

• brandnew
    brandnew
    Welcome friends.☺
  • BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    Hello and welcome!! Your videos are great and I love your experiences. We too were born-in and fairly new out, a little under a year. We walked away, but are being shunned by our friends and some family. But we couldn't be happier to be out and fully enjoy our lives and know I our boys will be able to do the same. Congrats to you both.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I think i saw somewhere were you speak spanish, if so have you been able to start making videos in spanish? And how is the spanish appostates doing in waking people up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit