Happy Veterans Day! (America)

by freemindfade 51 Replies latest social current

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

People have varied and strong feelings about politics and wars, but you can't deny the courage a sacrifice of our veterans. Too often they do not get the honor they deserve. In this country once they come home their sacrifice and heroism is too quickly forgotten.

While fools obsess over Lamar Odom (no disrespect to Lamar) having an overdose at a whore house and how it affects the goddamn Kardashians, wounded warriors are getting NO headlines for their heroism and sacrifices. It's sad but I do my individual best to pay respects to service men, women and k9's. I have the utmost regards for you all.

I would like to give a personal thank you to my man SecretSlaveClass, I don't know of all the ones on this board that have served, but i know he did and he is a really cool dude as I am sure all would agree. Thanks bro, I appreciate you

• cappytan
    cappytan

Big thanks to all the Veterans!

Here's hoping the principles of freedom of action and thought guide our great nation and don't fall by the wayside.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    I appreciate the veterans. I think too often people equate the veterans with the wars that politicians cause. Veterans have my respect and gratitude. The politicians on the other hand...
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    @tim310rd I agree, one of the most difficult things to stomach is the VA issues. There needs to be serious reform and better funding for Veterans Affairs.
  • talesin
    talesin

tim310rd,,,,,,,,, indeed!

Although it is called "Veteran's Day" in the USA, and there is much hoopla about WWII, November 11 was established after the end of WWI, as the armistice was on the '11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month" as a memorial to fallen soldiers in the British Commonwealth of Nations. The date is the same, but here, it is "Remembrance Day", in memory of all fallen soldiers.

To all veterans, I honour your service. To all those currently serving, your safe return home is what I want.

It is our job, as civilians, to (as the Brits would say) keep the home fires burning, and hold the politicians' feet to the fire, to stop the senseless slaughter of war, which is motivated not by humanitarian efforts, but greed and lust for power. My hope is that we shall evolve socially, and eventually stop the insanity. xx

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Happy remembrance day! Brits
  • Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    Since my Dad was such a good skier he was assigned to the 10th Mountain Division when he was drafted in WWII. He spent time skiing in the Italian Alps. Although the conditions were still pretty tough and very cold, he was always grateful for his assignment. A big thank you to all the veterans!
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Remembering our fallen heroes as well as all those that served.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    To all vets on this forum, thank you for your service and sacrifice for fellow countrymen, friends and families.
  • Simon
    Simon

Even when I was a JW, whenever I heard about Jesus giving 'the ultimate sacrifice' I always though that others sacrificed more. There are numerous tales of valor where someone would give their life defending people they never knew with no guaranteed "lord of the universe" as payback.

The least we can do is remember and honor them, support them when they return and think twice about sending them into war unless absolutely necessary, holding to account people who do so through deception and for profit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit