My families shunning has gone to a whole new level

by pale.emperor 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

There comes a point when a person has to decide if they value themselves enough to act in their own self-defense. I understand your pain and how much you regret having to take a stand, but you are doing the right thing.

There are people here who will urge you to continue being a doormat. They are fools.

• notalone
    notalone

Dearest Pale Emperor, I am sorry to hear that your family has made it clear that their choice is, in their eyes, permanent.This can be very unsettling, but you can see this as the opportunity it is. Sometimes we see people for what we want them to be not what they are. Now that you are separate from them and with a little distance you can see the 'fruits' of those who were once part of your life. Read psychology and self-help books.Get counseling. They are out of your life, now get them out of your head.Recognize the unhealthy patterns that exist with these people, then honor yourself and your daughter. Promise yourself that from now on you will only build relationships with those that en spouse traits you value and encourage the best of humanity. Don't allow those who treat you as less than to be an integral part of your life. Teach this to your daughter by who you are. In this way you can break the chain of abuse and build a better life for you and your daughter.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It's upsetting but also makes me more determined to wash my hands of them all.

I did exactly that..

It never gets any better..

They`ll just find new and inventive ways to rip your heart out..

It`s all WBT$ Approved..

Image result for its for your own good

• kpop
    kpop

Please forgive me if this is too intrusive but what did you get disfellowshipped for? If too private then no need to answer and I apologize!

I'm curious because I am hearing rumors that they want to make it less common to disfellowship unless the person is really evil and a threat to the congregation.

• Giordano
    Giordano

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Have a wonderful day!"

Pale Emperor

kpop in Pales own words:

"Anyway. Because i dont believe it anyway i decided to speed up the inevitable and hand my disassociation letter in. My mother and sisters are distraught that i did it and begged me to speak to and elder. My reply was also the same "i dont believe any elder is any more scriptural aware than anyone else", "i dont recognize the authority of that body".
  • kpop
    kpop

Ah yes thank you for clarifying! I read too fast and missed the meat!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

So sorry to hear about your mother's evil treatment of you. In reality, she needs a lot more pity, because she has lost all sense of what it means to be a human being - let alone a mother.

• kpop
    kpop

There is nothing "Christ-like" about the way the JW's are taught to treat other humans! Disgusting!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    Her elders told her that im "causing the family suffering, a clear sign how leaving Jehovah breaks up families". She's also destroyed all photo's of me (including baby photos).

wow.. that's pretty far out.

You might not want to hear this, but perhaps it's time to let go. Destroying baby photos of you practically means she has completely lost it. There is only so much worth, in family ties.

When a friend tells you that he does not want to be friends with you, best thing to do is comply and cut ties.

Likewise, your mother is telling you that she does not want to be your mother. It's rough, but there is a life out there to live.

• sir82
    sir82

I'm curious because I am hearing rumors that they want to make it less common to disfellowship unless the person is really evil and a threat to the congregation.

They will never let up - never.

The last few elders' schools I went to, the clear and explicit message was that elders have been far far FAR too soft, and should be disfellowshipping at a FAR higher rate than they have been.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit