Disfellowshipping - How long to return?

by CaptK 61 Replies latest jw friends

• CaptK
    CaptK

Does anybody know how long it takes for one to get re-instated if you are not that well liked by the body of elders? I was disfellowshiped for immorality almost 2 years ago. With my job and attending college to keep in step with my field of work, I have only been attending the Sunday talk & Wt meeting every week. I have not missed since the 1st of the year. I love to go out dancing on the weekends at worldly dance halls, spend time with my hobby, and study for my Mcse and Cisco training courses. I have not had that many close freinds at the hall. The few close freinds I had will want to rush to go to the elders on you if they do not think you are doing something right no matter how much you do for them or what your record you had in the past. Is it worth the effort or am my wasting my time to try to get back in?

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

From what I have seen, its all in who you know. Disfellowshipping can be arbitrary and quick. Getting reinstated you'll have to jump through hoops till the powers that be deem your repentance genuine and your pennance sufficient.

You sure you want to go back?

=}>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thunder

• shotgun
    shotgun

Read your own post CaptK...does it sound to you like you really want to be back with your loyal backstabbers.

You can get alot of information on this forum what you do with it is your decision...

Welcome to the Forum your among people here who accept you for who you are not what you believe.

• Mackin
    Mackin

I was disfellowshiped for immorality ... I have only been attending the Sunday talk & Wt meeting every week
    -----

You had sex with someone. What's immoral about that? You broke a Watchtower rule and they threw you out.

Why would you want to go back at all? Get out and discover life without the burden of guilt imposed upon you by the JW (or for that matter, any other) religion. And have sex with whoever you want.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Why would you want to go back in?

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

I am not sure I really understand your inspiration for wanting to return? Is it to mend family ties. You need to educate yourself on what this relgion is all about. Most jws don't know their history. Its a cesspool of lies. Are you really going to be happy going back? My conscience will NEVER allow me to go back even if I really wanted too.

• fairy
    fairy

well, over here in australia, i know someone that was disfellowshipped - i think it was for the same thing - and he was disfellowshipped for about the same time or a bit longer. it depended on whether the elders liked him or not as to when they reinstated him, even though it should have gone by his repentance...they wanted to make an example of him and thats what they did...he had to put in about 3 letters in total i think asking to be reinstated

• pamkw
    pamkw

I did the reinstatment thing when I was 21. It was one of the most humiliating things I ever did. I struggled for years and then just walked away. Do you really want to subject yourself to that? No one ever lets you forget what you have done. There is no real forgiveness in the watchtower. I would think very carefully about going back if I were you.

Pam

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

CaptK,

Quit while you are in front and keep making other plans for your life. You found the door - now contine walking away.

cheeses -who never ceases to be amazed at those forlorn individuals who express an interest in returning to the vile filth of dub life.

• Swan
    Swan

Welcome CaptK!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit