Disfellowshipping - How long to return?

by CaptK 61 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Holy thread resurrection, batman! By the way, as an update...

My honey has been working on reinstatement for three years. He has been attending an extra book study along with the regular meetings. He is still not approved for service.

...he's still at it. Still not allowed in field service, but he's been advised he can "informally witness" to friends and family. He is not permitted in the Theocratic Ministry School. By the way, Fred, he attends nearly all the meetings and religiously completes all his study assignments.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Until you are able to jump through all the flaming assholes the real assholes put in your path. I tried once many years ago, but because I took the then PO to task for illegal business practices, it would have been easier for me to rum for the presidency of Iran, and won. Once I figured that all out, I gave the whole thing the flip, and have never looked back.

My only advice...think very carefully about why you want to go back, and what/who you would be going back to.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

Actually it was me that couldn't figure out how to be comfortable in my "Christian" skin. Now that I'm on JWD and interacting with many, I'm finding new thought patterns are developing from reconnecting with healthy thoughts being expressed.

As for being a slave, we're all slaves as the Apostle Paul mentioned at Romans 6:16: Whomever we obey, we're a slave to. As he put it, "either of sin with death in view or of obedience with righteousness in view.

As the Apostle Paul goes on, in Romans 6 (from v.21-23): What, then, was the fruit that YOU used to have at that time? Things of which YOU are now ashamed. For the end of those things is death. However, now, because YOU were set free from sin but became slaves to God, YOU are having YOUR fruit in the way of holiness, and the end everlasting life. For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My husband is very much like you, Fred. He sincerely believes everything written in the literature. What he DOESN'T comprehend is the sub-culture of influence, status, and backbiting that runs a hall. Not being a "generational witness", my husband doesn't have anyone to speak to his cause. He's an outcast in suit and tie.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Well, this has been churning in my gut ever since this thread was started, and I began more than one post back, and had to delete it, because of the anger that it brought back.

My first wife committed adultery with an elder for whom I'd worked for some time...heck, he and I grew up together. This was a long and drawn out affair, I was the cuckolded husband, and in the course of multiple committee meetings involving dozens of witnesses and over 10 elders in 2 KHs, I steadfastly stood to their defense, as I couldn't imagine how either of these two people could possibly have stabbed me in the back.

Fast forward--they were disfellowshipped, and my ex-wife (now recently deceased) told me that Jay assured her that, if they just went to meetings every week, in a year they'd be reinstated: he knew the "policy," and was a decievous calculating heartless bastard (he left his own wife and children to make this all happen). They were...and one of the committee elders (who was also a close friend) told me of the decision to reinstate, and how did I feel about it? I answered: "Tom, I just don't see how the magnitude of their sins against me and against the congregation can be so easily dismissed." He agreed, but said his hands were tied.

My point being, it ain't what you've done that determines how quickly you can be reinstated: it's how you play the game.

• Quandry
    Quandry

jgnat

• Quandry
    Quandry

jgnat---

It is hard to believe that your husband is still fighting to be reinstated after three years. What in the world do the elders want? Do they just get off on seeing someone grovel and salivate to see the power they can hold over individuals at their whim?

I am amazed that your husband could know that some have been reinstated for heinous things in one year or less, and others must work like dogs and are still considered "not worthy." Doesn't he see how little his life means to them? ARGGGGG-I am angry at the thought of this #@&^*#!!! You must be so frustrated!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Three years? Try six, now.

Reinstated? He was never disfellowshipped. He's a walk-away.

Frustrated? He is, but I'm not. I get my husband full-bore every Saturday. I'M not looking forward to field service. It's rather entertaining to watch.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Who needs friends that have a need to "tattle" on you, to condemn you,,they are like the friends of Job. You can find a true friend for you through the good, the bad and the ugly.. A few true good friends is much better than 6 million "brothers & sisters" that are conditional & condemnatory, self-righteous capable of turning on you at any time. Take care.

• Fred E Hathaway
    Fred E Hathaway

A true friend is a friend of Jehovah's. A true friend keeps true to principles. Elihu was a true friend of Job, and so was Jehovah. If the person under test keeps loyal to Jehovah through the good, the bad, and the ugly; then that one will have Jehovah and his friends as friends. Yes, we all need to take care to prove ourselves true to Jehovah, whatever the circumstance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit