It's been a long 9 years Lloyd Evans / John Cedars

by Newly Enlightened 11530 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

500 “minimum”, or else what? Is that like a threat (or rather a promise!) to disappear once he drops below 500? Or just give everybody another telling off for not sending him the money he’s entitled to?

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I too thought you were playing Toblerone….. ”desired” ….. righto 🤔

• Simon
    Simon

Picture this: someone claims that they need x number of patreons to work at something full time.

They reach that number.

So why is the target then raised? If you're working full time, you have enough, why the constant push for more?

Because it's not to enable working at the thing, it's to swan around at others expense.

Even his most die-hard zealots must figure that out sooner or later.

All the targets he's met, he's subsequently failed to deliver on the promised things that those would "enable" him to accomplish.

He just wants people's money, and in return he'll do the minimal amount necessary to keep up the charade that he's worth it.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Picture this: someone claims that they need x number of patreons to work at something full time.

They reach that number.

And he did. He had over 700 pledges. Now he's lost over 100 of them in a few short months. During this time when he had more than he desired, he did jack and jack shit.

I don't think placing his Patreon/YT stats in every video and using highly manipulative language like "minimum" and "desired" is going to do him much good. It might get him a bump like 4 or so, but the casual viewer is going to think he's a grifting asshole.

Never underestimate Lloyd Evans's ability to make a bad situation worse. In reality, 620 is the "minimum" and once it went below it, it triggered something within him to beg more.

The reputation he's quickly getting as someone who's in this for the money is doing way more harm than the benefit the four patrons he picked up has given him.

• Chinapomo
    Chinapomo

It's the law of diminishing returns. The more he asks the less he'll get

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

And so when he meets the “desired” figure will he stop taking patrons/members? He argues that he needs to make a wage to continue activism …. Did he need 897 patrons to make a wage? Did he give back to the community when he was well in excess of his desired figure? Does he use his royalty money from the books that the community funded for activism that benefits the community?

Lloyd is running a business. (His words) Find me a business owner in the real world that appeals to its customers through threats of having to reduce the level of service to a customer and emotional manipulation (life saving work to awaken a loved family member) to gain either more customers or more money to do a job.

If he thinks his costs are increasing and needs to increase his fees to cover his expenses to do the work and provide the service, do what any business owner would do and put your fees up and let the customer decide whether they want to use your service or find a cheaper (or free in this case) option.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I guess we know the difference between an activist and a professional activist now: the former cares about the cause. The latter sees it as a way to make money, and nothing else.

To his patrons: it's not as if he's hiding who/what he really is. Keep that in mind when you send him money.

• KIMSILVIO
    KIMSILVIO

I agree Tonus 👍

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Imagine a popular and hip restaurant in your neighbourhood which was the talk of the town. People went out of their way to get tables there and the owner was genuinely well regarded. He had his beautiful wife as the hostess and many became quite fond of her. Business was booming and things were looking up.

The restaurant is then temporarily shut down for two months without notice and the owner abruptly cancels events with no refund. It is discovered later that the owner had been abusing both customers and employees, including his wife and has been visiting Thailand for sex tourism. The owner is enraged, and in a series of social media rants reveals his upcoming lawsuit against the former employees who leaked this info and accuses many of his customers for being judgmental about his personal life and as a result refusing to partronise his restaurant.

The restaurant loses over half of its customers and is down to a skeleton crew of people still interested in working for this man. Profits nosedive and the owner starts placing notices on the restaurant's doors and on the social media page. It says:

Due to the defamation this restaurant has been subjected to, we might be forced to shut down and stop serving you our delicious and renowned pasta. Over half of our customers have fled due to them believing malicious lies about me personally. Our lawsuit will bring these criminals to justice who have defamed our establishment. In order to keep the doors open, we need to have at least 500 paying customers per month. This is at a minimum and we'll break even. I'll have enough to pay the staff and my own salary but that is it. The quality of our food will likely suffer. If I get 620 or more customers a month, then I will be able to improve the menu and go back to business as usual. Imagine the happy faces of our customers if we continue to serve you high quality pasta.

For a month or two, the numbers actually do exceed 620 customers. However, the owner makes no attempt to improve the menu as promised. In fact, it has gotten a bit worse with many "new" items being just smaller portions of the existing entrees. Nothing new is offered. The owner goes off on holiday for a few weeks and even takes some menu items off due to the shortened staff.

Irritated that he is not getting over the 620 customers a month as he did initially, the owner resorts to placing messages on the menus that he desires 620 customers per month, and at a very minimum, he needs 500 just to keep the doors open.

Plug that into a real world scenario if you want to find out how irritated and disgusted many of his supporters are going to get with him. Imagine being a loyal patron, contributing your portion due to his threats to close, only to have that threat continually shoved in your face every time you watch one of his videos.

I actually prefer that he does this and shows the numbers of financial support and how it doesn't meet his desired levels. It demonstrates perfectly what Lloyd Evans is all about and in a more effective way than how any of us can express it.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It explains some things but not convinced.

https://youtu.be/60LjGyJ-1rw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit