Wow i do not reconize this religion anymore...

by _Morpheus 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• stillin
    stillin

I noticed a handful of sisters swaying to the music during the closing song at the KH the other night. I hate to sound stodgy but it really looked goofy. Sure, there was a slight pop in the beat of the song, but are the Witnesses SO starved for some kind of release that they'll actually shake a tail feather at the Kingdom Hall, for God's sake?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Long Haired Gal, sorry a out the accidental dislike!

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Morpheus. All good!

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

A couple more year they will give up the paper printing bull shit business and go completely digital and maybe just maybe they might be able to turn a profit. I expect many Kingdom Hall being sold and those still under cult mind control told just down load the available videos and send a contribution to help Jehovah's organization get the Good News preached via these videos.

Completely digital with the need for Bethel workers down to just some lackeys to keep up the property which they can kick to the curb when they get old.

• All or nothing
    All or nothing

I'm interested in hearing more about this possible subliminal messaging??

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Gee, I can't wait, as I have an in wife that I attend with. I will end up going to all 3 days in a bit.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The session starts now with music videos. Music. Videos. Playing christain pop! I swear this was neil diamond esq christain pop!

The drama was now in video form... ok fair enough. But it was a soap opera! A strait up daytime soap opera, complete with a trailer that said "previously on remember the wife of lot" and credits!

How could there be a second episode to that story? What would the story line be--she turns into a salt lick?

The songs before and after were more christain pip, complete with built in clap lines! Nobody actually clapped, but the track sounded as if it was included!

LMAO! This is HILARIOUS!

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ok so rebel here is the deal... as former witnesses we are used to dramas portraying some bible based event with embellishments and extra nonbiblical dialog... this new nonsense was all modern day and soap opera in the extreme. The whol 'remember the wife of lot' theme was tied in with the family being materialistic, but no actual historical settings were used, all modern day. And corny and sappy and stupid.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Strange how they didn't have part four of the drama:

"next on "remember the wife of Lot", see how Lot commits incest with his two daughters and fathers children to them...and Jehovah gives it the big Thumbs Up!"

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

@stuckinarut2 Now THAT would be a sequel worth making. You even forgot the major twist where the "Lot" character in the original drama hates the gays so much and detests his daughter working with anyone in the LGBTQ community, yet in the Bible, Lot was ready to offer his daughters for rape and humiliation for the raging homosexuals bashing at his door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit