Wow i do not reconize this religion anymore...

by _Morpheus 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Had the misfortune of stopping by the "regional" convention yesterday. I promised my daughter i would come to sunday afternoon so she wouldnt have to ride home with her mother...

holy crap it was weird! Im sure all of this has been covered on the forum but to actually see it.... just wow.

The session starts now with music videos. Music. Videos. Playing christain pop! I swear this was neil diamond esq christain pop!

There were attendants with bullhorns in the lobbys telling people to sitdown! Honest to god bullhorns.

The drama was now in video form... ok fair enough. But it was a soap opera! A strait up daytime soap opera, complete with a trailer that said "previously on remember the wife of lot" and credits! The drama itself was so stupid and insulting i cant even begin to explain. Daytime tv would have proudlyembraced this level of craptastic emotionally manipulative garbage.

The songs before and after were more christain pip, complete with built in clap lines! Nobody actually clapped, but the track sounded as if it was included! Nobody had a song book. The words scrolled on the screen for people to folkow along too... it was f***ing 1984!

Im just two short years that religion has done a 180 and embraced everything it was against. I was shocked and appalled on some levels to see the low brow classless crap they have embraced. How can anyone who was in the org more than 5 min accept this....?

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Mental isnt it.

Yes they'll all smile and be overjoyed that Jehovahs "ever moving chariot" has given them such wonderful spiritual food and "where else but gods organization would you see this?"... erm... The God Channel maybe?

• Chook
    Chook

Their digital marketing will bite them in the arse. I honestly believe the new digital format will genuinely wake some up, But most follow the chariot where ever the GB steer their cult affected minds

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MORPHEUS:

I would be shocked too if I saw what you saw. They really sold out, didn't they? The members are like the proverbial frog in the pot of water and will accept whatever the religion morphs into.

• stillin
    stillin

I'm so sorry that you had to go through that, Morph. But it makes you feel better about yourself, doesn't it?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

What were the attendance and baptism numbers.

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

Yes, the current Governing Body truly have blazed a trail.

A trail that veers off the NY State Thruway and into a column.

@joe134cd Baptism numbers were -27. Wait, do you count the three year olds who were lining up to get dunked?

• NoviceLocs14
    NoviceLocs14

Wow! I've been out for less than 4 years, and this is what it's turned into? That's really insane!

• tiki
    tiki

Wow....this is almost beyond belief. So glad I am so far out of that bs.

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

I share your shock. That was me last year. My first convention for ages. I was looking for the platform and flowers, remember years back people could buy the flowers after the convention. I said 'where's the platform?' My friend said 'we don't have one anymore, it's all on video.'

Then we stood up to sing and I thought wow, everyone knows the words until my friend nudged me and pointed to the karaoke style video they were all singing from.

The music has gone all poppy. I remember decades ago being at Twickenham and one of The Shadows (the band) had come into the truth and he jazzed up a lot of the songs and they played them in the intervals and us kids thought they were brilliant but after the convention we were told 'THAT will not be happening again! It's disrespectful to Jehovah!' And now they are doing it and music videos too!

The walkways had people and tables with card machines so you could make donations.

I was just so shocked at how it had changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit