Wow i do not reconize this religion anymore...

by _Morpheus 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

This is what happens in a dictatorship when you have an abrupt change in the clowns who run the circus.

Fred Franz remained alive until he ran out of tana leaves, then he went to Sheol in a handcart.

Soon after Ted Jaracz followed suit.

Nature abhors a vacuum, so a clownfight ensued and the vacuum won! Figuratively... the clowns in charge now are as vacuous as can be, so twerking and jerking are the approved form of worship now. All that matters is that the twerks and jerks are SINCERE and that the checks don't bounce.

• Incognito
    Incognito

I can understand indicating credit to the city for providing assistance for permitting the production to occur on public property.

I'd have a tough time understanding financial support as the film is religious in nature and mainly intended for a private audience. There also would be little or no benefit to the city in providing financial assistance.

Was the city credit the only one provided or were those involved also credited? You had stated 'credits', plural, so I assume there is more than just the city that is credited.

• sparky1
    sparky1

'Friend of the court, my a$$! Those Jehovah ba$tards stole all my good ideas!'

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Tallon, that is precisely what they have done. Credit card machines and all. Its inconvenient tellaevangelism

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

The loyalty convention is still the weirdest thing the JWs have ever produced. The wife of lot video was their attempt to be a TV dramedy of course most of the humor felt forced and a lot of it relied on old stereotypes. Plus, they felt the need to throw in a scene about gay people in there for good measure. The loyalty convention though had the bunker videos, the Sergei videos, the disfellowshipping videos, the cult paradise videos, the dead son manipulation drama, and nonsensical videos about nature being better than man's inventions.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Phoebe - I was looking for the platform and flowers, remember years back people could buy the flowers after the convention

I remember in the 60's and 70's they used to give them away for free !!

• btlc
    btlc

I don't know whose idea it was, but they didn't translate any greetings in the movies to my local language, "hi" and "bye" all the time, sounds so unnatural with the rest of translated text. A family with two small kids was sitting near us, everytime someone said "bye" on the big screen, they waved back to screen with loud "byeeeeeeee!!!!" :)

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Morpheus - excellent OP - I could picture what you endured.

27 baptized - what was the attendance?

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The only thing left to complete the transformation are hooded robes and the chant "for the greater good."

Anyone see the movie Hot Fuzz?

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Steve- that was another poster using a bit of humor to highlight poor retention rates... i believe the poster said -27 to point out how many will leave ;) i didnt see the dunkings so i cannot report on such

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit