Wow i do not reconize this religion anymore...

by _Morpheus 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Butterflies corrupting the youth! How insidious! The master plan is underway. Whenever these wee ones see a butterfly they will grab their book bag, a quarter and beg to go to the Meeting. Its madness I tell you, madness!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Credit was given to the "City of White Plains, New York"

The KH they used is at 155 Orawaupum St, White Plains NY 10606-2433

https://goo.gl/maps/Y6fkqPwu4rA2

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    ds: The KH they used is at 155 Orawaupum St, White Plains NY 10606-2433

That may be but it still doesn't account for the standard practice of the film industry to list that information as a location credit. The credits presented at the end, in the fashion it was, without designating that it was a location credit, generally indicates financial support.

To credit "the City of White Plains" is specific - it credits the city, not the kingdom hall property.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

To credit "the City of White Plains" is specific - it credits the city, not the kingdom hall property.

Yes, they filmed on the public highway.

This would have needed to have been consented to.

http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/index.aspx?NID=599

BTW Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep have been in White Plains filming just this month.

A lot of films have location credits at the end - but most people don't stay in the movie house long enough to read all the credits.....

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    A lot of films have location credits at the end

Yeah. No big news there

The credits are one of the most important features when watching productions. They reveal the source and the bias along with all sorts of other interesting information at times. Just watching a film without paying attention to its production process is a bit superficial, I think. It's only value is entertainment if the viewer doesn't absorb more than just the eye candy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How can anyone who was in the org more than 5 min accept this....?

How?!

It`s New and Improved!.....It has Jehovahs Blessing!

(1 Year Later)

"It`s always been that way, don`t you remember?"

WATCHTOWER

Image result for Amnesia

• Incognito
    Incognito
    Did you notice the credits at the end? - OrphanCrow

They do not include the names of the writers and contributors to their books and magazines, but they place credits in their videos?

What happened to not giving praise to humans so as to keep Jah as the focus of attention?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Incognito: but they place credits in their videos?

Generally, credits are given for a specific reason. Receiving support in the way of grant money usually has a caveat that requires credit being given on the final production. Just getting city approval for filming location usually does not have that caveat attached to it. But receiving financial support almost always does (*edit to add - maybe the city just waived the usual fees required to offset the location shoots).

• Tallon
    Tallon

I remember back in the 80's when the JDub's (in the country I lived in at the time) used to slag off Jimmy Swaggart for his 'tele-evangelism'. Here we are in 2017, and the JDubs are doing the same thing with JW TV, videos etc.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver
    Just getting city approval for filming location usually does not have that caveat attached to it.

Yes, it does.

As per my earlier link - http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/index.aspx?NID=599 - which includes the filming permit application form as a PDF

City of White Plains FILMING PERMIT APPLICATION

FILM PERMIT PROVISIONS

The City of White Plains shall be acknowledged in the film credits for any film produced on public land or private land in the City of White Plains.

http://www.cityofwhiteplains.com/DocumentCenter/View/1653

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit