The Longest Goodbye Of John McCain

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Can you believe it? This funeral arrangement goes on and on and on. Enough already! If the people loved him so much he would have been elected President. 👎🏿

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I agree that this is long and not nearly as fun as Aretha Franklin's funeral.
  • stillin
    stillin

But a great reminder to moderate Republicans that their values are honored by people on both sides of the political arena. You don't have to be an idiot to be a Republican, though some would make it seem so...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol so true min... its a case of rewritting history and loving him far more in deatg than they ever did in life. In this instance i cant help but think its because he garnered favor by hating the current president.

• out4good4
    out4good4

Wow.....even a leading republican's death and funeral service is not sacrosanct enough to not be turned into another circle jerk trump thread.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

In what way was he a “leading” republican? Speaker of the house? Majority leader? Majority whip...? Please define “leading republican” in way other than “republican you agree with”.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think John McCain would have been elected President if he hadn't chosen bimbo Sarah Palin as a running mate.

Trumps criticism of John McCain during the campaign in stating he was not a hero because he was captured was ignored as campaign rhetoric. But, Trump's failure to honor the man as a "hero" after his death will prove to be a big negative against Trump. It confirms him to be the narcissist that many suspect he is and it proves he is too proud to admit he was in error (or at least made a misstatement) about the man.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Morph I would think he qualifies as a moral authority and conscience on the conservative and Republican front at least above the level of most right wingers

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Morph I would think he qualifies as a moral authority and conscience on the conservative and Republican front at least above the level of most right wingers

Please define “leading republican” in way other than “republican you agree with”.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I was shocked they didn’t have the flags at half mast. Regardless if his political views were agreed upon or not, he was influential to the country.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit