The Gospel

by UnDisfellowshipped 143 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Phantom Stranger
    Phantom Stranger

Uhhh...if I don't want to read about the Gospel, I guess I could avoid clicking on a thread with that title...however,

IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET GRIEF, DON'T POST IT HERE, DRAMA QUEEN!

By the way... the Bible doesn't "show" anything - it doesn't have any pictures! (The maps front and back do not count). All it does is make statements with wurds of dubious provenance - some of them constructive, some of them of questionable accuracy, and some that sound like the ravings of a street person with major frontal-lobe damage after using a psychedelic.

Argue about divine inspiriation and canonicity all you want - all I know is, Yahweh seems to have a worse PR department than the Pentagon. If anything in the Bible were "obvious", we wouldn't need you to tell us, would we?

• AGuest
    AGuest

I beg to differ with you. YOU say:

You see, in heaven, there was no "SIN". Everything was 7...perfect.

I bid you to go back and review Ephesians 6:12 and Revelation 12:7-10.

Peace!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Little Toe

Regarding Pauls comments about scripture being useful, the context (I believe) is the Old Testament.

You lost me

I think you're confused with something ellderwho said

Deputy Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Little toe

When I said:

But I dont think that interpretation has that much to do with Gods sovereignty

I was talking about this

Both viewpoints, and everything in between can be argued from scripture. It's all in the interpretation.
    Sorry D Dog
  • gumby
    gumby

And I will die because of some cosmic bullshit that is stupid from the get-go. ( posted by farkle)

Shelby replies:

it is for that VERY reason that I had to go to the SOURCE... to the One ABOUT whom all these things are written...so as to hear HIS voice on the matter and let HIM teach me...
    No, dear one… you will not. How do I know? Because my Lord has PROMISED with respect to those like you… and there are many of such…

Shelby sweetie....I am usually nice to you but do you ever listen to yourself and what you say. You speak with absolutely no coherancy.

Lets look at this. In your first statement you said you went to Jesus for answers through the bible....or you spoke with him and he told you farkle would be OK and those like him would be OK and were not going to die.

Heres the problem Shelby. The book you say that WROTE about him.......says the opposite. In the Bible....your lord Jesus......said he is the way and the life and the truth. All those who have faith in him will have life and those who do not believe in him will die. You know full well farkle doesn't swallow that stuff so how is it you overide your own masters words and tell the board here openly that guys like Farkl;e will have life. Are you so powerfull that you overide your own masters words? A slave is NOT greater than the master!

Gumby

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Gumb,

Your becoming guilty of what you told me not to do. Circular reasoning is not my forte.

However, Ive heard circular reasoning and observed the parties involved making perfect sense to one another.

Bottom line, who is acknowleged as having "authority." As well as being under it.

ellderwho

• gumby
    gumby
    Gumb,

Your becoming guilty of what you told me not to do. Circular reasoning is not my forte

Never mind the circular reasing baloney......I want Shelby to answer the question's I posed. What's circular reasoning have to do with what I told shelby? Explain

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DD:
    You paraphrased 2.Tim.3:16.

Btw, I agree with your comments on interpretation of scripture.
    There's even passages that argue for unicorns (Job. 39:9; Ps.92:10)

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

You paraphrased 2.Tim.3:16.

I did? Where? I remember commenting when ellderwho did. Oh well, I believe it anyway

There's even passages that argue for unicorns (Job. 39:9; Ps.92:10)

But you've got to be King James only.

Deputy Dog

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Gumb,

LOL Im thinking of a few pages ago debating with Shel. Circular reasoning, is all you will wind up with.

I myself will try in the future to not get sucked into this "circular wt reasoning"

elldah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit