I presume WT is working up on a strategy to keep afloat themselves from a global decline.
It's true that the WT has cut back on magazines and branches, however they have considerably ramped up the different schools that they provide for the elders, MS, pioneers, Circuit overseers and the branch members.
Of all the 9 or 10 schools that they have, 75% of the JW's have access to only school- the Theocratic Ministry School (now embedded in the CLAM), Whereas all the other schools are only for the 25% hard core JW's.
So, rather than concentrate on the faders, the WT currently only concentrates on the 25% JW's (elders, MS, Pioneers, CO's), because they are the ones who would be taking the org forward.
If people from the west are leaving from the backdoor, they are being highly compensated by those who are coming in from the front door in the third world countries. and as SBF said, if people are waking up, there are more who are digging themselves in further into the org.
The real global decline will start only if the JW's from the core 25% start waking up, not just from the normal rank and file.