Since We Are In 2020 What Do You Miss?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I miss going to the local club and chewing the fat with friends and talking a lot of bullshit downing a few beers and maybe having a punt on the horses or trying my luck with a few keno tickets. Travelling in our car and just enjoying the local countryside and having lunch with my better half at a club in a different town or a seaside pub is something we both miss also.And of course travelling a couple of hours away and spending time with one of our sons and his wife and a dinner at a local restaurant.At our age we don`t have high expectations anymore.Everyday we wake up in the morning is an unexpected blessing. LOL

• minimus
    minimus

I miss going to a wedding. A reception. A funeral even. In a weird way I miss traffic! Lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Wait a few months, and we will also miss not having to take a coronavirus shot that does nothing but irreparable harm (including permanent damage to the soul, which even the worst case of coronavirus is not capable of). And mandatory masks, at all times including when we are alone in our own homes or in the middle of nowhere, enforced with drones. And yes, RFID chips.

Once Biden and Harris become president and vice president (and we know it won't be long before Harris is in full charge), I expect this to happen so fast that no one will be able to do anything about it. As with masks taking effect inside a few days, there will be little or no lag between the law requiring coronavirus shots and its taking effect. Not to mention, mandatory flu shots (taking a flu shot is actually a risk factor in getting severe or critical coronavirus or dying from it). You refuse, they drag you in and forcibly put the needle in your arm with these shots.

And no vitamins, either. Harris especially will make vitamins illegal. There goes the idea of taking zinc and quercetin to prevent or mitigate coronavirus. There goes vitamin C and D. There goes all other herbs--astragalus, echinacea, oregano oil, elderberry extract, and whatever other supplements people are taking to reduce the risk will all be gone. And not like the incandescent light bulbs where they can still sell their remaining stock--vitamins will be pulled permanently.

Even if Trump gets duly elected, a lot can happen between November 3 and January 20. We see enough BLM and Antifa riots following Trump getting a landslide, and they will throw such election right out or these terror groups will seize the country, putting Biden and Harris in charge anyways. And, once that happens, we will be missing a lot more than being able to go shopping without a mask--try missing sleeping without a mask AFTER your mandatory coronavirus shot.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

I miss going to to the KH 2-3 times a week for meetings and FS!

just kidding!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Rubadub...I like your way of life.....I missed a trip to Morocco

tresdecu ....

Yes, life has many compromises in it. We could have used the money to have a much nicer house but instead have a basic cookie-cutter 3/2 in a decent neighborhood. In JW speak, very modest.

We have however, spent quite a bit on traveling. We both love to see new things, new places. I think our bucket list has at least 4 trips that immediately come to mind. And generally, unless absolutely necessary, we tend to avoid tours and just rent a car and do it on our own. Stop and go as we please. Some places do require state-operated tours (such as Tibet / Mt Everest base camp) but those were the exception. I also did not drive in Egypt, read too much bad stuff about even trying it. I was right, there are virtually no signs for anything and you not only have to aggressively drive with crazy drivers but have horses, camels and donkeys to contend with on many streets. We just took cabs which is also an adventure.

If I had to say the nicest country, people-wise, is Jordan. Spent 5 days there driving all over and seeing the major sites and the capital Amman. They have to be the most pleasant and friendly people I have ever met.

In the end, I don't regret our choices. By the way, as you mention, Morocco is one place on our bucket list too, especially Marrakech. Since it it right next to Portugal, we will fly through Lisbon and stay there and see Portugal a few days on our way back since we have never been there.

So much to do but with the COVID thing it is truly a mess.

• pistolpete
    pistolpete

WTWizard Once Biden and Harris become president and vice president (and we know it won't be long before Harris is in full charge), I expect this to happen so fast that no one will be able to do anything about it.

In the United States the President does not have absolute power. The Constitution was formed with a System called “Separation of Powers”

In ruling a democratic country is provides a system of “checks and balances”

If Harris becomes President and wants to legislate a law saying every citizen has to wear a masks, or every citizen has to get the flu shot, she cannot use her executive power to enforce such law.

Such law has to go through Congress first to be approved. Congress has a total of 535 members and divided into two houses. The Senate and the House of Represent ivies. Each house is divided between Republicans and Democrats. Both have to agree to new legislation. Which is very hard to do because each member of congress wants to keep his job and will vote to satisfy his constituents.

So if the majority of people don’t want to be forced to take a flu shot or wear a mask, they call their Congressman and let him know if he doesn’t want to be voted out next term, then they better say NO to the suggested new law suggested by the President.

If Congress says NO, then the bill won’t go through.

Also the Federal government cannot impose Federal law into the individual States without a legal fight. That is why President Trump could not independently sent the national guard or the military into Portland to stop the riots and crime without the invitation of the governor and mayors. Unless there is a world war or a dangerous terrorist threat like a nuclear threat, in which case the President can use executive privilege, his powers are very limited within the Republic.

• just fine
    just fine

I miss my old life...,,,,,, it was good. Freedom to go where I want, when I want. I miss vacations and concerts. I even miss traveling for work.

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for hard working parents who can’t send their kids to school.

• road to nowhere
  • RubaDub
    RubaDub

I feel bad for hard working parents who can’t send their kids to school.

Min ......

I know what you mean. As my wife repeats to me, even if a school opens up, how can you even go back to work or find a job when the next week the school may change its policy and send all of the kids home.

It is very tough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit