Since We Are In 2020 What Do You Miss?

by minimus 45 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I miss listening and dancing to live music on a weekend night.

I miss going into a crowded mall store to window shop.

I miss going out into public and not having to wear a mask.

I miss seeing people freely mingle on a busy street or sidewalk.

What a difference a year makes!

• Biahi
    Biahi

I haven’t eaten in a restaurant since March 13th.

• jp1692
    jp1692

I miss practicing martial arts in my dojo. So in the meantime I’d do my bojutsu alone in the park!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As Biahi mentioned, we haven't eaten out for months, even though my wife probably would.

We haven't traveled this year and have no plans to travel at this point. As a point of reference, my wife's last passport ran out of pages after 8 years (they normally last 10 years) and needed to get a new one (you can now order the 56 page passport now for no extra charge). Not getting out of the country (we were in the Pyramids of Egypt and Jordan this time last year) drives me absolutely crazy.

I don't think the Great Pyramid, the Great Sphinx and other things of that genre will be around in the New System of Things. So I am getting my fix now.

• Justaguynamedmorph
    Justaguynamedmorph

Freedom. I miss freedom.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I miss practicing martial arts in my dojo. So in the meantime I’d do my bojutsu alone in the park!

@jp1692 ...

Is that thing you have in your hands made out of plastic or styrofoam?

When the caretakers give you your exercise time, just don't poke anyone in the eye with that thing.

• jp1692
    jp1692

RubaDub: Is that thing you have in your hands made out of plastic or styrofoam?

Wood. I have several bo (martial arts staffs). They are typically made of hardwoods like hickory or oak. I have a couple of training staffs made of pine.

The bo is a basic weapon in many martial arts systems.

• Queequeg
  • Queequeg
    Queequeg

Overall, we haven't been really missing too much. But, the no travel thing sucks. We were supposed to be meeting my Dutch cousin in Iceland in a few weeks. That ain't happnin.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Rubadub...I like your way of life.

Traveling and seeing new things/culture and meeting kind people from all over the world is my favorite thing to do. I missed a trip to Morocco, and now can't really plan anything other that dream, and create wish-itineraries.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit