Does Anybody Here Sympathize With The Looters That Cause Destruction?

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Fink you are wrong. The Dems have not repudiated what’s been happening. That’s very clear . When the Dem mayors and governors refuse to CONDEMN this stuff they are clearly supportive of the cause.

• Magnum
    Magnum

I don't think the Boston Tea Party is any way similar to the recent lootings under discussion here. The tea was destroyed - not stolen for personal gain. The tea was specifically targeted because it was relevant to the issue, and no other property was damaged or looted. Electronics, clothing, and other items that are being looted today have nothing to do with the protest issues, but are simply being stolen.

Also, some back in the time of the Boston Tea Party didn't like the fact that the tea was destroyed because it was private property - some like George Washington and Benjamin Franklin. I read that Franklin even offered to pay for it.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

When the Dem mayors and governors refuse to CONDEMN this stuff they are clearly supportive of the cause.

Really so all mayors and governors who are associated with the Democratic party have come out and said they support all the violent actions by these protestors ?

You have proof of this ?

There isn't a designated political party who supports either of these violent actions.

Your twisting words toward your bias Min. which is obviously pro Republican

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Really so all mayors and governors who are associated with the Democratic party . . . Your twisting words toward your bias. . .

WOW! Talk about twisting words! No one said ALL democrat mayors and governors! "The mayors and governors [who] refuse to CONDEMN this stuff they are clearly supportive of the cause." BTW, it is YOU'RE, not your.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MAGNUM:

I agree that what’s going on today is not the same as what happened with the Boston Tea Party. What’s going on today is lawlessness and stealing..pure and simple no matter what excuses people are giving.

FEDUPJW:

I don’t know which post you were responding to but an easy way to remember is:

The word ‘your’ is possessive

‘you’re’ is a contraction for ‘you are’.

I see these two things confused and butchered all over the place. Sometimes it’s because people were never taught correctly OR sometimes lazy and adopted bad habits.

• minimus
    minimus

In all fairness regarding words here that are spelled incorrectly, sometimes it’s talking into the phone and the phone transcribing it incorrectly.

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Anymous check your facts there was no new government at the time the Boston Tea party occurred. It was not until later that the colonies succeded.

The Constitutional Convention(also known as the Philadelphia Convention, the Federal Convention, or the Grand Convention at Philadelphia) took place from May 25 to September 17, 1787,

The Boston Tea Party was a political and mercantile protest by the Sons of Liberty in Boston, Massachusetts, on December 16, 1773

The point of my post was.not to condone looting or rioting It was to.demonstrate that looting and economic damage has been used as a political tool.for.centuries .

Whether it is perceived as criminal behavior or patriotic behavior is often the result of who wins politically. Winners write history.

Again I personally.do.not.support looting. I do however understand how it has been used as a political.tool in the past and its.attempted use currently.

There are other examples.of looting used as a political tool in American history.

Ie. Draft Riots in New York city during civil war

• minimus
    minimus

Rape is used as a political tool in many countries too

• Simonsez
    Simonsez

Rape was used as a political tool in this country also. While the kkk lynched black men , they preferred to rape black women. They did this as a way of controlling blacks . It is a matter of historical fact.

You continue to dance around what I am posting. We must understand why these people are looting and destroying our cities. If we don't understand and figure out how to remedy the root causes I fear that the rioting and looting will continue. Meeting these protesters a with brute force is not working.

Again I reiterate , I dont.support looting, however I urge everyone to try understand why it is happening.

We must use a more intellectual approach in not only understanding, but combating the root causes.

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

There isn't a designated political party who supports either of these violent actions.

What about the Republican mayors and governors who haven't condemned these violent protesters ?

Minimus's suggestion about Democratic aligned politcal leaders is full of speculative bullshit to demean those people in the democratic party and its supportive members.

Intellectual honesty is an applied method of problem solving, characterised by an unbiased, honest attitude, which can be demonstrated in a number of different ways:

• One's personal beliefs or politics do not interfere with the pursuit of truth;
    • Relevant facts and information are not purposefully omitted even when such things may contradict one's hypothesis;
    • Facts are presented in an unbiased manner, and not twisted to give misleading impressions or to support one view over another;

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit