Thoughts on Leah Remini JW A&E special ...

by _Morpheus 138 Replies latest members private

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

ShirleyWGerrit Losche is Austrian so yes German accent.

Can't see it as in UK. Any other way to watch??

• Listener
    Listener
    Morpheus - Tm3 wasnt misrepresented. They simply played a clip from him :smile: damned by his own mouth.

I haven't seen it yet but I was suggesting that Morris would see it as being misrepresented, or being taken out of context, or whatever other excuse he can come up with rather than taking responsibility.

It's so good to hear that his own words have come back to bite him.
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

For those that want to watch the show online, see if anything in this article helps:

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2018/11/watch-leah-remini-scientology-jehovahs-witnesses-online/

or maybe you can find it on A&E's website (usually 24 hours after initial airing???):

https://www.aetv.com/

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You will probably be able to watch it if you have Hulu tomorrow or the next day at some point. I think they have a hold on releasing the show for 24-48 hours or something. Don't know for sure, but they carry A&E shows and this one in particular.

Someone will post it on rutube I'm sure at some point.

You could always check for a rerun of it and subscribe to a free trial of a streaming service that carries the channel like I did. DirectTV Now, Sling, and Hulu's live streaming service all have A&E.

I *think* you can only watch on the aetv site itself if you have credentials from your cable provider and if you had that you'd probably have watched it tonight, but maybe you were busy and can catch it that way.

• Simon
    Simon

I think it was a good expose of the harm JWs can do to people.

The "can" part is important - some of them seemed to be unfortunate to have been born into families of quite extremist fundamental families and maybe weren't the 'typical' JW experience but on the whole I think their experiences were representative of the problems that many can face when things go wrong. I really don't want to be critical of any of the people on the show, they all had compelling stories to tell and told them well. No one should have had their lives screwed with the way the WTS does to far too many people.

The clips of the GB themselves are perhaps the most damning against the WTS. One thing that struck me watching it was how they used to criticize TV evangelists ... but here they are, copying the same MO but 20 years too late.

Great exposure for what the Jehovah's Witness beliefs and practices really are that many don't know about. Great job to all involved - they covered a lot of issues with the WTS in a short period of time while explaining the mentality to people who would be unfamiliar with any of it.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Just finished watching!! Fantastic!!! Thank you Leah and Mike!

• the girl next door
    the girl next door

Simply heart wrenching. We watched as a family and all of us were in tears. I know all these people yet to hear them tell their stories in a forum broadcast to millions with warriors like Mike and Leah graciously sharing their platform was beyond words.

My children hugged us and said, “thank you for getting us out! We had no idea what you guys really went through and dealt with.”

The pain was real, tangible, shared and really just ripples when you think about how many infinite more stories are out there as egregious and worse than what we saw tonight.

This is Jehovah’s Witnesses. A giant group of fake people posing as having the best lives ever but really just a giant dysfunctional clusterfuck harboring hatred, deceit,narcissism and misogynistic enabling.

It’s getting harder to appear benign JWs. You share the shame with your governing body masters.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    the girl next door: A giant group of fake people posing as having the best lives ever but really just a giant dysfunctional clusterfuck harboring hatred, deceit,narcissism and misogynistic enabling.

You have a way with words. That is perfect!

• LV101
    LV101

Re comment above blaming a woman if she's raped -- on one of the televised programs they did make a young girl apologize to her rapist. Nothing the horrific cult does or has done is shocking.

• LV101
    LV101

I think Lloyd was great -- he clarified/added to a lot of the testimonials to Leah/audience.

The statement at beginning of special re/WT worth millions of dollars was modest. Should have stated billions - selling off Brooklyn, owning properties all over the world and who knows what else since it's a secret society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit