Thoughts on Leah Remini JW A&E special ...

by _Morpheus 138 Replies latest members private

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

Has the requirement for a woman to scream during a rape, even if threatened with a gun or knife, been dropped? It was in effect for a long time if it has.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Thats not stephen lett talking damn it.... gotta attribute these things correctly.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Yes thats gone

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Yes thats gone [the screaming requirement]

It's about time. I thought that was one of the most unjust requirements of all, and the fact that it was based on nothing more than an Old Testament teaching was horrendous. Be guilty of fornication or die is basically what it meant in the worst case scenario.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

They still ask but, mercifully (sarcasm), acknowledge that not all women can scream under those circumstsnces. Its sick, but not automatically df’d if they dont scream.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Good coverage of child abuse and great great clips from the rac

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I thought that was perfect. They nailed it.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Overall, that was a great great piece of television. I was worried llyods doucheness would be unbearable but, aside the one opening douche remark, he was a good represeantive and spoke well. Everyone did. It was extremely well produced and really well researched, aside from a few small things. I give it an A.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Yeah, that was very well done. I have people texting me that were never JWs that watched and they were blown away. I have people in my podcast group doing a watch party. Everyone was really impacted by it. Props to Leah and Mike and everyone that participated. Leah and Mike have even been on Twitter taking on apologists and such.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MORPHEUS:

I just watched it and it’s a real eye-opener for me because I was not born-in. I thank Leah for putting this program together.

I felt so sorry for these ex-JWs relating their sad stories and how the JW religion just ruined their families and their childhoods and I hope they can get on with their lives. The suicide stories were just awful... I confess I had to put my fingers in my ears during the recordings of when a GB spoke.

This religion is EVIL and I am so glad I walked away from it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit