What Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Like Nowadays?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Intel
    Intel

So strange that they have dumbed down the cult like this! I mean the current events could have been right up their alley, if they still had some kind of profound prophesy studies going on. I mean, look at things like:

- the US-China spat: 30 years ago they would spin this as the King of the North-King of the South thingy

- several Catholic Bishops going against the WHO: whore-beast from Revelation

- kind of compulsory vaccination WORLDWIDE! We never had an event like this one and they are not even talking about it in their literature?

Geeeez, I guess I would be a better cult leader! I would just add some virgins and free alcohol to my cult meetings

• minimus
    minimus

Intel, you are right! The Witnesses could have had a field day with all these news events in applying them to certain Bible verses.

• Intel
    Intel
    @minimus9 minutes ago
    Intel, you are right! The Witnesses could have had a field day with all these news events in applying them to certain Bible verses.

I seriously thought they were still doing hardcore prophesy, analysis etc. Another aspect:

- if the JW refuse the vaccine, or to lockdown, continue to have meetings. They could finally be arrested and play the "persecution card" How Satans minions have come up with a way to stop them from preaching and meeting. Heck, they had meetings during WWII and in time periods that were less critical than this one and here they are just giving up and hunkering down like everybody else

- I remember this old prophesy they used of the Israelites walking around Jericho for 7 rounds and then in the last round they stopped, before the walls collapsed. They could have spun the recent events as being the "last round" of preaching or something like that

Totally lame ass digital religion, looking for money. They are truly showing who they are. Glad that I am out and have enjoyed at least 10 years of a good run

• minimus
    minimus

You can’t touch the eyeball of God and get away with it!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They carry on with field circus through bad weather that makes it unsafe to be on the roads (and they hold onto their rules that prevent someone from taking safety measures that bend their regular rules). Such as driving in dim conditions in rain and fog, and someone using a bright yellow or orange umbrella instead of a drab one. Yet, something as stupid as a cold (this coronavirus has turned out to be basically about as serious as a cold for most people that get it), they stop?

And I wonder how many people get hit by cars, the drivers of which had little or no chance to see the victim in time, because they had a drab umbrella. And how many would have been safer with a bright colored umbrella (or one with bright LEDs flashing), which seems to be against their rules (after all, dirty colors impart dirt to one's soul, even though they are harder to see in rain and fog). (Not to mention, maybe they shouldn't have been going out at all in those conditions.) I bet more people have died from incidents related to field circus in a regular year than would die from coronavirus--not that they should have kept going. They should never have gone out at all.

• Overrated
    Overrated

Intel- that would be interesting if you were a cult leader. I like the ideal of adding alcohol and virgins, meeting attendance and membership will be on the rise.

• SouthCentral
    SouthCentral

Great question! I actually wonder this as well.

I left kingdom halls with people that I actually liked about 20 years ago. Unfortunately, I have not been able to connect or make any real friends in the organization since the mid-1990s. It’s been miserable ever since.

Many of my close friends that I grew up with parents’ are now dying. I have been invited to two funerals in the last year. The one that I went to on zoom had about 300 callers and was extremely organized. It was a wonderful experience That I didn’t think was possible on video video chat. Fortunately, I can’t imagine having parts on the meeting like the zoom call. People seem to be more concerned with what everyone’s house look like… Which was amusing. After nine months many still cannot use The mute button correctly.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''- if the JW refuse the vaccine, or to lockdown, continue to have meetings. They could finally be arrested and play the "persecution card" How Satans minions have come up with a way to stop them from preaching and meeting. Heck, they had meetings during WWII and in time periods that were less critical than this one and here they are just giving up and hunkering down like everybody else''

I was wondering about something. After further studies, it was revealed that there are in fact blood components in the vaccines. Vaccination became mandatory, and if you didn't take it, you couldn't do anything, or go anywhere.

What kind of 'bind' could that put the Borg in?

• NewLight
    NewLight

Hello minimus! I would say “business as usual”. Only that they are extra cautious now, during the pandemic.

Preaching is allowed only to persons that are acquaintances of JWs - and only via phone, zoom etc. Also, during November, there was an “expedition” by writing emails and sending electronic publications to professionals.

In general, I discern that the organization gets more centralized, cutting costs and turning towards electronic publications and videos. But not any significant change, as far as I can tell.

PS. I frequently read your posts, they are always interesting. Thank you!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

They can vote now, don't have to go in field circus and Kingdom Halls are closed; but they still worship the Paradise Earth.

There is some talk about changing their name to Jehovah's Wiccans.

The members still beg for Jehovah's forgiveness when they pray, as opposed to Christians who thank God that THEY ARE FORGIVEN when they pray.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit