What Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Like Nowadays?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I’ve been gone a long time. After my mother passed away a few years ago, I pretty much lost most contact with the Witnesses. A couple that were family friends for many years stopped checking on me to say hello.

I hardly ever see any JWs preaching. The area Kingdom Halls are sold off and I don’t know if the cult has become more insular or if they are simply dwindling.

What’s going on with the Jehovah’s Witnesses?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i think they have become a figment of their own imagination.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

"i think they have become a figment of their own imagination."

LOL.

I think the Borg has gotten crazier. Nuttier. Broadcasts displaying these condescending leaders. Just dumbed-down regarding doctrine. Still fear-mongering. Still.

The preaching work has stopped. I always thought the preaching work must go on...no matter what.

Becoming more insular and dwindling. Yes.

• Harry
    Harry

Ignorant and delusional as always and some are quite happy because of that.

same old, same old

Jehovah's holy spirit pours through the lying corrupt, bullshitting men running the WTS/JWorg.

Fear, ignorance, exploitation, manipulation its still there as it was in the past..

Ironically people who are deeply involved in this religion contently and gleefully smile about all whats being done to them.

Maybe it really is a religious cult ........ shush

• minimus
    minimus

I always wonder whether the sheep truly believe. Some of the “weakest” Witnesses that attended only the Memorial would be steadfast when it came to not taking a blood transfusion. (Shaking my head)

• Harry
    Harry

Yes that's ironic in itself, people think if they attend the Memorial once a year they'll get an approval come Armageddon time.

This religion truly fucks up people's character integrity .

Plastic and pretentious are words that come to mind.

• Biahi
    Biahi

That’s why I refuse to attend the memorial, it’s like an admission that you still believe it’s the truth. I refuse to do that, or add to their “numbers”.

• minimus
    minimus

But these once a year people stayed “faithful “ to no blood .

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I find that JWs are now more self protecting, unwilling to debate or interested in challenges to their faith. They run rather than engage if you are not a sheep-like one.

• Intel
    Intel

Remember your posts from "back in my days" minimus! :))

Did I read that correctly? They stopped preaching? How so? Is this new doctrine or due to Covid? Like they don't go D2D anymore? What happened to the carts thingy?

I have been out for 10 years. In the meantime I have lived in 3 different countries, several homes. NEVER have I received a visit and I only saw carts twice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit