What Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Like Nowadays?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• sam68
    sam68

8 million volunteers worldwide preaching the good news of God's Kingdom in every way possible except door to door/in homes - due to current pandemic

JW.ORG is the most widely translated website in the world - in over 1000 languages

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

That's true Sam,

They also utterly reject "the ministry of reconciliation" preached by the apostles.

God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the ministry of reconciliation. 2 Cor. 5:19

The version of the Kingdom JW's preach was totally unknown by the apostles. They preach one salvation where you get your sins forgiven if you are what they call spirit-annointed Jews. (Only problem is that all those positions have been filled since 1935.... darn it)

So, they preach another salvation for everyone else (all people alive today). In this non-biblical story - you have to be in good standing with Watchtower publishing company to be allowed into the kingdom where you must then work for 1000 years at being good before you get your sin-nature taken away and get justified like the folks who made it in before 1935. The apostles never preached this dual salvation and most JW's know it, but they don't care.

The apostle Paul has a very special message for JW's today. It is recorded in Gal. 1: 8-9:

'But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

And, in Revelation 2: 9 the Lord Jesus himself has a message for WT Leaders who call themselves spirit-anointed Jews :

"I know thy works,...and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan."

Like I said previously.... Jehovah's Wiccans is a better name for them.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sea Breeze

Hadn't heard that Witnesses are permitted to vote. Anything in the literature about that?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

I was thinking "serve on jury" but wrote "vote" for some reason. Guess it was just a brain fart.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

In my area they've got some new thumb screws for Christmas. Be online with your cong or look... apostate. After all, where else would you want to be? You know how important it is to be together.

• minimus
    minimus

New light thanks for staying tuned 😎

• Faded4good
    Faded4good
    In my area they've got some new thumb screws for Christmas. Be online with your cong or look... apostate. After all, where else would you want to be? You know how important it is to be together.

Even after the vaccines are fully distributed to the public and the pandemic is 100% over such a scenario could still be a problem. It's easy to imagine a world in which video meeting apps like Zoom are used to check up on people on holidays. It would be especially bad for those who are partially faded that like to quietly do things at home that no one else needs to know about.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Exactly - which ends up with you having to put your foot down hard on the excuses accelelorator.

Another observation - people in difficult circumstances who prove malleable are still dripping in (very few). Others who have faded for a non-scriptural reasons are being treated with kid gloves - publishers going 'coochy coo' at them.

If any of these remain or return, that into which they are going, will prove harder to leave. If they have trusted Watchtower, handed over various rights and dowloaded whatever - Watchtower can track and trace. And you know how keen some of those elders can be. Also what experts they are at firing emotional pain long distance. Or attempting to fire it.

• Faded4good
    Faded4good

Traditional the borg was very decentralized, and that decentralized structure was a big advantage to those who were attempting to fade. Now they are slowly taking away those advantages by finding new ways to track wayward witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Individual Jeghovah's Witnesses?

The ones still active and loyal are a little more culty, In my observation.

The "Jehovah's Witness" organization?

Trying to adapt to recent environmental changes whilst maintaining the religion's core defining characteristics is making them look weird as fuck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit