What Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Like Nowadays?

by minimus 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Faded4good
    Faded4good
    I wonder if some of the people who only attend the memorial are actually inactive witnesses who faded years ago and come back to the memorial so that their family can pretend that the faded dubs are still "in the truth."
  • shepherdless
    shepherdless

I have never been a witness, so I don’t really know what it was like in the past. But now I over hear many of the zoom meetings and broadcasts.

To me, the meetings sound arrogant, nutty and culty, with lots of references to avoiding any other point of view, we are other only ones who practice “true worship”, shun your kids if they leave, even if it hurts, because that is Jehovah’s plan etc.

Outside of meetings, there are lots of social catch-ups and lots and lots and lots of letter writing. Sometimes they do a weird thing, where a group of them meet on zoom and write letters in front of each other, in near silence. I reckon my wife posts up to 20 letters per day. I am probably paying for postage. She has an excel spreadsheet with all the addresses (where from? Dunno), and the letters are word processed and printed, not handwritten. She has created a separate email address for replies, and puts the KH as the return postal address. I am tempted to send a follow up letter with a link to jwfacts, but why bother; I am sure most if not all her letters go straight to bin.

You would think that letter writing could be far more efficiently and more effectively done via a central process. But i suppose the real object is to create busy work for the sheeple, not attract members. It is quite funny listening to what passes for uplifting experiences (or lack thereof). Last week, I think someone reported running into a letter recipient at a supermarket, and got what I would interpret as a polite rejection/fob off. It was encouraging that it wasn’t a blunt rejection, apparently.

• asp59
    asp59

They were not active outside preaching before convid. I always saw mormon. JWs only sat with litteratur stands. They been sliding down from the 90s.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Pioneer [ministry start]

"Hmm ministry today, what shall I do? Who has not been seen on Zoom ever? I know, I'll write them a card."

Card finished. Put in envelop.

Looks at list received by email from elder detailing local businesses in need of latest Watchtower. Put 20 Watchtowers into envelopes for businesses.

Problem - no stamps. Pioneer goes to post office for 21 second class stamps. Shop assistant who is undercover PIMO sells pioneer 21 stamps covered in Christmas pictures. Pioneer is annoyed and refuses the stamps and asks for plain ones. PIMO insists they have no other stamps.

Depressed, pioneer goes home.

[ministry end]

• minimus
    minimus

Anna lol!

• minimus
    minimus

Shep, that was excellent!

• Davros
    Davros
    Still the same. Get dressed up, attend same old meeting, except it’s now on Zoom.
    Only difference is that you don’t have to wear shoes. They do frown upon not wearing pants though.
  • Harry
    Harry

Once the vaccines are given out to the general population and social restrictions are lifted the JWS will back at their Kingdom Halls brainwashing and bullshitting ....... and smiling as usual.

• minimus
    minimus

I wouldn’t want to dress up leave my house get there early, stay later.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Minimus - the story is only slightly made up.

The PIMO caved in and gave the publisher plain stamps.

I can't tell you what really happened to the WTs - it's covered by the Official Secrets Act.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit