Help finding a video of GB member saying that Jehovah may not really be God's name

by mamacita29 47 Replies latest jw friends

• mamacita29
    mamacita29
    Hi everyone I'm at work and need to show this video to a JW. I saw it a few weeks ago I think it was Geoffry Jackson who said that Jehovah may or may not be Gods real name but we use it anyways. Can someone help me find that video? Thanks in advance.
  • Stepford Wife
    Stepford Wife

Here you go honey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJTImafdP7M

Make sure you tell him/her that Jackson didn't mention the name was created by a Catholic Monk in the 12th century.

• Vanderhoven7
  • Harvard Illiterate 411
    Harvard Illiterate 411
    Well damn what can I say other than this is damning evidence. Why even bother staying in the JW.org if they admit to the name being wrong? A new name for the JW-- We Know His Name Is Not Jehovah Witnesses
  • Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Poignant!!! OMG!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah was used back in 1931 by J Rutherford because the King James bible was used mostly by the bible students (IBSA) Rutherford was not a trained bible theologian , he was a lawyer / businessman.

Its a bit ironic that the JWS uses a mis interpreted name of god which Yahweh would be more accurate and the actual name Jehovah was created by a Catholic monk, a clergy of false religion.

• John Free
    John Free

"Why do we use the name 'Jehovah' in English? Is it because it is the most accurate pronunciation? No. It is because it is the most widely accepted. Does this make sense? Yes."

Do you find it condescending that I am answering all of my questions for you? No.

Will you trust my answers, even though they are based solely on opinion? Yes.

Will you comply? Yes

We are the Borg.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

It just amazes me how they spin that!!

"Why do we use the name 'Jehovah' in English? Is it because it is the most accurate pronunciation? No. It is because it is the most widely accepted. Does this make sense? Yes."

Sure makes a person wonder, doesn't it??

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

- deleted -

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

If you call me Mike I would keep walking, that's not my name. I wonder do

Jehovah know who they(JW's) are praying too. It's a insult to God, just any name that's close enough.

God would have been great, most people use that name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit