Help finding a video of GB member saying that Jehovah may not really be God's name

by mamacita29 47 Replies latest jw friends

• galaxie
    galaxie
    Edit...oops not the lords prayer the song was ' jesus loves me'
  • Lieu
    Lieu

Meh, they have no business using "the name" anyway. It isn't supposed to be used. Where does Jesus use it? Nowhere. Besides, Christians aren't 'witnesses' of Jehovah, they are supposed to be witnesses of Christ. Such numbnutz.

As for hiding, BS, the KJV had it long before Russell existed.

Like another poster said, if you call me by a name that isn't mine, I won't answer you ... you're obviously not talking to me.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I have been no less than SCREAMED at and .... I guess you could call it non JW shunned behind this. This would have been GOLDEN some time ago.

I showed it to the very person who lost their mind when I said in essence the same thing and the response?...

"we all know that."

I hate this cult

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Unbelievable that JW's are eating this shit.

They admit it's not the most accurate version of the name of God, but

they proclaim with proud that JW's are the only one using gods name.

They even name their believe "Jehovahs Witnesses".

What a stupid circle thinking.

Gorby (not the most accurate version of my real name).

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Mamacita, did you show the video to your coworker? If you don't mind, how was their response?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The claim by the WTS recently is that how one pronounces the name of god is irrelevant. Its not important how you pronounce the name in your inherent language but how you worship him that is important. Of course the GB members proclaim to be chosen by him exclusively with his holy spirit and power . ........ awww there's always a catch.

• johnamos
    johnamos

Do any have any objection to the following name:

יהושפט Yehoshaphat (Jehoshaphat)
    ­

It is said to mean ________ is judge.

Now look at what part of the name that contains the meaning ‘judge’

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/8199.htm

Now what part is left…use it to fill in the blank and what do you end up with?

Is it:

1) YHVH/JHVH

2) YEHO/JEHO

3) LORD

4) YEHOVAH/JEHOVAH

5) YAHWEH

Anyone honestly answering would have said #2 based on using just the part that was left.

Now look at this name again:

יהושפט Yehoshaphat (Jehoshaphat)

­­

The first part (In Hebrew from right to left) is what makes up the YEHO/JEHO and the rest is what makes up shaphat and actually what you are seeing there in Hebrew is really YHSHPHT/JHSHPHT and the vowels E O A are added in and yet no one has an issue with that.

Now in the following we have the same first part (from right to left):

יהוה YHVH/JHVH

­­

The other part would be the YHVH/JHVH

­­

Using the same vowels (E O A) that make up Yehoshaphat (Jehoshaphat) and inserting them in the יהוה YHVH/JHVH we have YEHOVAH/JEHOVAH

Note- the underlined here is accepted as already pointed out in the name Yehoshaphat (Jehoshaphat).
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The tradition, which was in effect at the time of the Messiah, of teaching the people that the name “Yahweh” was too sacred to pronounce, and to speak this name was blasphemy and punishable by death. Most people and lower level priests were initially taught to say “Adonai” when they saw the name “Yahweh” or the tetragrammaton written.

So by following in accordance to the written word , people should never speak the name Yahweh or Jehovah, Adonai is the appropriate name to use. Speaking the name Yahweh or Jehovah is blasphemous and one who does should be put to death .

Therefore all Jehovah's Witnesses should be put to death.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    The tradition, which was in effect at the time of the Messiah, of teaching the people that the name “Yahweh” was too sacred to pronounce, and to speak this name was blasphemy

Isaiah 29:13 And Jehovah says: “For the reason that this people have come near with their mouth, and they have glorified me merely with their lips, and they have removed their heart itself far away from me, and their fear toward me becomes men’s commandment that is being taught,

Mark 7:8 Letting go the commandment of God, YOU hold fast the tradition of men.”

Titus 1:14 paying no attention to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn themselves away from the truth.

So by following in accordance to the written word , people should never speak the name Yahweh or Jehovah

On the contrary:

Matthew 6:9 “YOU must pray, then, this way: “‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.

John 17:26 And I have made your name known to them and will make it known, in order that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

Acts 2:14 But Peter stood up with the eleven and raised his voice and made this utterance to them: “Men of Ju·de´a and all YOU inhabitants of Jerusalem, let this be known to YOU and give ear to my sayings. 15 These [people] are, in fact, not drunk, as YOU suppose, for it is the third hour of the day. 16 On the contrary, this is what was said through the prophet Joel, 17 ‘“And in the last days,” God says, “I shall pour out some of my spirit upon every sort of flesh, and YOUR sons and YOUR daughters will prophesy and YOUR young men will see visions and YOUR old men will dream dreams; 18 and even upon my men slaves and upon my women slaves I will pour out some of my spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. 19 And I will give portents in heaven above and signs on earth below, blood and fire and smoke mist; 20 the sun will be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the great and illustrious day of Jehovah arrives. 21 And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”’

(Joel 2:32) And it must occur that everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will get away safe; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will prove to be the escaped ones, just as Jehovah has said, and in among the survivors, whom Jehovah is calling.”

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Your a true nutter johnamos, an obvious corrupt individual in spinning and twisting scriptures to serve your own means and purpose. You must therefore be a JWs I take it then ?

A common practice of JWs is to deceive by selecting scriptures that supports your biased interpretations.

shame on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit