Forgiving Loans the Watchtower Way

by cofty 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

Spoke with an elder last night and supposedly the LDC is in full swing and building new KHs, yet they have 5 congregations sharing one KH here because they sold a KH last year and they are not on the schedule yet for a new KH. He also said that as long as a KH is in good shape and has no major issues they will not be renovated or upgraded even with new equipment.

I checked the accounts report and that congregation is sending $500/month for the KH building fund. That's $2500/month if all 5 congregations are doing the same thing!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks, Cofty. I'm marking this because you explained it so easily. The time will come when I "splane" this to family.

DD

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

So where, exactly, are all these Kingdumb Hauls being constructed?? I haven't seen any being built for at least a decade in my area. There have been repairs and some decorations added, but nothing new has been built.

I suppose the construction is mostly in the region of Elsewhere, off the coast of Nunya. It's next to the STFU Mountains.

DD

• WireRider
    WireRider
    I lost track somewhere. Why do so many people just send money straight to the WT for nothing? Looting accounts/reserves. Money. Where does the money go? A real estate empire? I can't believe that general people are paying the mortgage on WT owned property. It doesn't make any sense.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

DD -

I know that they finished one in NJ and I believe are close to finishing one down near Miami. They did say on the video last year that they were focusing on the densely populated areas first. It just seems ridiculous though that the RBCs in each area were able to build so much quicker and now the LDC is running at a snails pace.

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd
    WireRider - I lost track somewhere. Why do so many people just send money straight to the WT for nothing? Looting accounts/reserves. Money. Where does the money go? A real estate empire? I can't believe that general people are paying the mortgage on WT owned property. It doesn't make any sense.
    I think that many people stopped contributing to the World Wide Work once the announcement was made that the congregation was pledging to do so. I remember almost two decades ago that contributions to the WWW used to be close to $1000/month in my congregation. The report I looked at recently showed the contributions to the WWW was around $350 (that was money collected from the box for WWW in the KH). When adjusted for inflation, that $1000 would be like $1500 today. So donations have dropped almost $1200/month in 20 years.
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

TIM3LORD - Where exactly in NJ was this new hall completed? I am very skeptical as this rumor has been circulating online for months now, and I have neither seen nor heard of any evidence of this supposed "new hall" in NJ.

If you don't want to answer here, you can PM me.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757
    How are the congregation to save money for a new hall now if they can only have 3 months of bills plus, in addition, another $5000 in the bank per auditorium?
  • WireRider
    WireRider
    What would happen if a local congregation just built/owned their own KH - free from any WT control? No mother ship. No big brother. No money taking.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

You'd get a deleted body of elders for not following theocratic direction. At best another court case where the organisation will argue they're just like the Catholic Church and local congregations do what they're told. They've mentioned recently that congregations should consider kingdom halls as belonging to 'Jehovah' and therefore to shut up when told what to do with it.

Would have to fully split from them to be free of their control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit