Will Governor Cuomo be the Next President?

by RubaDub 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Oh hell no. That guy cannot be president, he’s barely even a governor. What has he done besides standing pretty for a camera and bashing on the Federal government?

NY kept schools open to keep ‘free lunch’ and ‘free healthcare’ in place, he said Trump wasn’t welcome, that NY would stay open until they had 20k+ cases. Then he bashes Trump for not responding fast enough when he welcomed people that traveled from China through Canada when the borders were closed, because ‘closing borders is racist’. Then using emergency powers they turn hotels and old hospitals into homeless shelters for COVID-19, then turns them into actual hospitals and demands hospital systems take care of thousands of homeless they made it illegal to take care of or remove before.

Cuomo had all the chances, like Gavin Newsome to do something about this, instead he’s begging for handouts because the state is broke, like CA is broke, except they make it look good on paper by not taking in account pensions and other future liabilities they aren’t funding.

On policy he’s a heavy taxation, heavy regulation, no small or large business is good enough (people are leaving NY to avoid taxes), 9-month abortion, government controls everything politician. His father was a politician and tied to the mobsters, which is how he and his brother got the job they have.

He also just raised a 5c tax on paper grocery bags and then made it illegal to have plastic bags. That’s while research has proven that paper bags are worse for the environment, but he needed his hidden taxation. NYS pays the highest property taxes in the US, I pay $8000/year in property taxes on a $200,000 house ($240000 in taxes for the duration of the mortgage) and I’m not even living in a city. We also pay the highest income taxes (19-75% progressive taxation) and now the billionaires are literally leaving the state so he bitches about that as well.

• LV101
    LV101

Cuomo dropped the ball and turned down opportunity to purchase thousands of ventilators 2 yrs ago. He was offered first choice - he wouldn't update his state's inept system knowing it was antiquated and broken under Obama administration. He refused and ignored the facts and now he's crying like a brat and blaming/playing political games.

Obama - what a joke - how many people walked away from the Democratic party because of the ruling class' decades of corrupt history. I personally know so many people who couldn't stomach his non-leadership nor the Clintons. Why can't the Dem party get qualified candidates and stop the corruption - they've choked themselves and the country.

• LauraV
    LauraV

LV you mention Cuomo had the opportunity to purchase thousands of vents two years but didn't, that sounds interesting, where did you read that?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

It was five years ago. So what? Still a squandered opportunity and a total disgrace how NY Democrats bend over backwards for illegals and other criminals parasiting off the Welfare State while the highest taxed citizens on the planet are left to Democrat Death Squads.

This is the NY Post article Trump quoted:

We didn’t have to have ventilator shortage — leaders chose not to prep for pandemic

Several years ago, after learning that the Empire State’s stockpile of medical equipment had 16,000 fewer ventilators than the 18,000 New Yorkers would need in a severe pandemic, state public-health leaders came to a fork in the road.

They could have chosen to buy more ventilators to back up the supplies hospitals maintain. Instead, the health commissioner, Howard Zucker, assembled a task force for rationing the ventilators they already had.

In 2015, that task force came up with rules that will be imposed when ventilators run short. Patients assigned a red code will have highest access, and other patients will be assigned green, yellow or blue (the worst), depending on a “triage officer’s” decision.

In truth, a death officer. Let’s not sugar-coat it. It won’t be up to your own doctor.

In 2015, the state could have purchased the additional 16,000 needed ventilators for $36,000 apiece, or a total of $576 million. It’s a lot of money, but in hindsight, spending half a percent of the budget to prepare for pandemic was the right thing to do.

Video of Trump and more at link. See also:

Trump cites Post op-ed to blast Cuomo for not buying ventilators — in 2015

The president apparently was referring to a Gateway Pundit pickup of an op-ed that appeared in The Post Friday by former Lt. Gov. Betsy McCaughey, who said that in 2015, Cuomo and other state officials learned that in a potential pandemic, New York would need 18,000 ventilators but only had 2,000 on hand.
  • betterdaze
  • Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I work for a hospital system, we have ~25% of our ICU beds open and just re-opened a decommissioned ICU right here in NYS.

Cuomo's government is refusing to send people to our system because it's a 'privately owned' and not state-run system and thus the worry is that we cannot extract extra money (either in grants or rebates) from Federal government when this runs over. We're consigned to just handling people with insurance or Medicare.

• minimus
    minimus

This thread is interesting. These comments show how INEPT the Governor really is. I would love to see a Biden/Cuomo ticket. 2 losers together!

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

All he does is whine and complain and the liberal press says he is the new Messiah

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Seems to make sense to me. As a lefty, imposing some sort of martial law and/or initiating tight controls on the lives of everyone else, is second nature. Note: I’m not making a comment on whether this situation requires such controls. Perhaps it does. All I’m saying is that if you want a Ponzi scheme done correctly, you look to Madoff, not a CPA. If you want a brick wall, hire a mason, not a cobbler. All the lefties that love the centralization have a huge tent in their pants. Finally, a lefty gets to flex some lefty muscle. They’ve had lefty blue balls for too long, and now at long last, some action. Again, this might be called for at this time. And, yes, I think eventually this authority has to be put back in a tightly locked box. But until then, many-a-lefty will marvel at a true craftsman.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Have you seen how many people are infected in New York? You want that guy to be president?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit