Will Governor Cuomo be the Next President?

by RubaDub 54 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Trying to put politics aside (even though that won't really work), but NY Governor Andrew Cuomo is blowing the other politicians out out the water (Orange Man [Trump] and the Lizard [Biden]).

I don't know if Cuomo has a USB port in the back of his head plugged into a hard drive but the guy speaks, analyzes and talks coherently.

The Orange Man always passes difficult questions to someone else. The Lizard can't comprehend what the question is but tries to answer something.

Cuomo comes out with facts, analysis and direction on what needs to be done. At least that is my perception.

If I was in a difficult situation, I would definitely prefer Cuomo on my side.

Rub a Dub

• JeffT
    JeffT

Last night my wife said they need to do the Democratic primaries over so they can nominate Cuomo. I think they should do it (Biden could tell his delegates to vote that way).

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Even though I'm a staunch trump guy. I could live with Cuomo being president.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

For maybe the first time trump is deferring to experts. A good leader knows how to get the best to do the job instead of thinking he has all the knowhow.

Remember, we mostly vote against someone.

• Simon
    Simon

You only think that he's good because you see him give a few good press conferences. Here in Calgary, the mayor gave some good press conferences during a flood, got re-elected and has since run the city into the dirt.

A couple of good performances in front of a camera in a crisis is not enough.

You like him because he's not had enough scrutiny to expose his flaws.

I'd suggest that one of the black marks against him is that his state has the biggest outbreak by a long, long way. When the pandemic was underway, they held pro-Chinese parades and events which have undoubtedly resulting in the virus spreading further and faster than it otherwise would have.

NYC, the state he runs, is now the epicentre of the pandemic in the US.

So what you're saying is, you would prefer someone who helped it spread than someone who suggested we stop allowing flights from China and helped to stop it?

I agree with you though, your democratic presidential nominee is a joke and is visibly weak and incoherent, not someone you'd want at the best of times, certainly not in an emergency.

Trump is killing it - he's making people feel like we'll get through this and is deferring to the experts on medical matters.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/coronavirus-update-today-pandemic-accelerating-new-york-city-an-epicenter/

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not to pee on the conservative side here, but it seems like every time I turn on (the conservative) Fox News I see Gov. Cuomo trying to direct the situation, specify what needs to be done, and answer questions.

When the Orange Man is on, he's slowly reading off a sheet of paper someone else wrote for him. And Biden is on vacation in Ukraine or somewhere.

And Simon, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming nor other sparsely populated areas will be the epicenter of a disease.

Epicenters are where people live, not farmland or woods.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    Epicenters are where people live, not farmland.

It seems that diseases follow dems. It's not purely because they are large cities, that's an excuse, because other large cities have done far better jobs of containing the virus. It's because many already had problems with large homeless populations, illegal immigrants, unsanitary conditions and diseases before this even arrived.

Maybe the elites in those cities won't be quite so dismissive of the "flyover states" now, you know, that farmland where people work had to create the food they depend on ...

Biden is away on vacation in his head, even the staged videos they are allowing out are just cringeworthy and kind of sad to watch. It's cruel that they are doing this to him, although I don't feel sorry for the lying dog faced pony soldier, he's a grifter and a liar who's used his position to enrich his family at the expense of tax-payers. I just can't wait to watch Clinton wield her knife.

Oh, wait, you actually believe it could be Cuomo that replaces him and not her? Have you not been watching the episodes? This plot twist was setup in season one, it's a done deal.

• LauraV
    LauraV

"Trump is killing it - he's making people feel like we'll get through this and is deferring to the experts on medical matters."

Fauci is certainly an expert I agree, how can we all forget that face palm he gave Trump the other day. He's killing us basically if he wants to remove the bans and isolations going on by Easter.

Ahhh, now I get your mindset.

• LV101
    LV101

Cuomo didn't prepare his state - not that any one did - but he likes to play blame game now when the federal gov't is doing everything possible for NY. He's lied one too many times now and not trustworthy. He should have learned under the Obama administration. Aside from his political blame game, I do appreciate his positive work thus far for the people of NY re/COVID 19. He's really hurt the other states allowing NYers to hit the road and run when many are infected - totally irresponsible spreading the disease. No wonder he's warning everyone else outside of NY they'll be in same boat. Makes sense - he's very liberal and doesn't believe in borders even during worldwide pandemic - why would one expect more of him.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I remember people saying this about Guiliani during 911 when I lived in NJ.

It's your emotions. He hasn't done anything.... The Cuomo family going back to papa bear are all blowhards.

Dem cities are full of corrupt politicians and immigrants who cant follow rules due to their inability to speak english and follow instructions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit