OKAY, GAME OVER! The number one reason the New Testament amounts to bunk

by Terry 98 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Terry...

you said, "Salvation is so mishandled, inept and loosey-goosey, it can't be taken for fact.

Sorry folks. Game Over.

Almighty God would be an idiot to jeopardize the rescue of humanity."...

So, are you blaming God FOR something here?

To be clear, you HAVE been given sufficient "light" to choose salvation in Jesus if you WANT to.

love michelle

• theliberator
    theliberator

I agree with myelaine. Jesus Christ and his Father mean more to me now than they ever did when I was in the Watchtower. Ironically, it was due to the fact that after leaving, I could explore philosophy concerning God's existence. I could look at both sides of scientific "logic" vs God's presence. I could examine the "Jesus Seminar". I read things that were once "forbidden." Critical thinking has drawn me to the conclusion that Christ was not only historical but is the Son of God. But I will say this, when I come here, I do not get angry at atheists. My brother became hard core atheist after leaving the Watchtower. But him and I still laugh and have many good conversations. After experiencing the Watchtower, can we expect anything else, other than the majority turning to atheism? It is actually worse with Mormons. Spiritual abuse leads to a greater number of atheists. And so for me personally, I feel that even God understands why you feel the way you do. Most people literally don't have enough years in there life to recover from spiritual abuse. And so when I see such comments it doesn't anger me like it used to. I think about the people who killed Jesus and what Christ shouted: "Father, forgive them, for they don't know what they are doing."- Luke: 23. 34. So if Christ was willing to look past what those men were doing to him, surely he understands why we speak the things we do about him now, after being spiritually abused all those years. Especially you Terry. You gave everything to that sick organization and got nothing in return. Christ was fully aware of the abuse the people were experiencing then. He was angry with the religious leaders. He stood up for the common people who were hurting. And so God " knows how we are made. He remembers that we are dust." - Psalm: 103. 14.

"God is greater than our heart, and knows all things". - 1 John

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear theliberator...

Terry is smart enough to see the difference between a religious institution and the person of Christ. Spiritual abuse isn't a "get out of jail free" card, so to speak.

Do you think that God would have sympathy for a spiritually abused JW, allowing him a pass on having to MAKE a choice for Jesus and salvation, when He has ALWAYS had children being persecuted and martyred BECAUSE they made that choice?

Your kind and understanding words to Terry are seductive aren't they...

love michelle

• theliberator
    theliberator

I do not believe spiritual abuse is a "get out jail free card" at all. But since I can't read the heart, I always hope that some here will eventually "wake up" once again. I have only been out a year myself. I have always believed in God and Christ. In fact, that alone has kept my life in tact for the most part. But I am still healing. And while we personally don't want to abuse God's forgiveness, I can't limit the time span of God's forgiveness for others. You see, I have learned alot from the Watchtower. I learned that I was a jerk when I was a witness. No, I wasn't mean to people. But I never considered why people said and did the things they did. I judged on external appearances. And so my words to Terry are not just for Terry. They are for me as well. I am healing and TRYING to rise above my old self and show consideration for people even if what they say, makes my skin crawl. I don't know anything about Terry. A little over a year ago, I would be in his face saying that he is with the company of those who "crucify the Son of God for themselves again, and put him to open shame."- Hebrews 6:6. But now I know that is not my place. David probably felt similar after God forgave him. I feel God has forgiven me and understands that my association with the Watchtower and the way I looked down on people, was not really what I wanted to be. Two scriptures that I always loved was this: : "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," says Yahweh. . "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8,9

You see, the Watchtower always applied those words to God's superiority. And that is correct. However, those words mean more to me now, since I viewed the context. Verse 7 : "let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; and let him return to Yahweh, and he will have mercy on him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."

In other words, Verse 8 and 9 tells me that even if my heart condemns me, and I feel God can't or will not forgive me, he promises that he will. My mind tells me I can't be forgiven, but God says his thinking is higher than mine, and thus he will forgive. A person today may say the worse things possible. But something may click years down the road, and they need to know that God has not closed the door on them.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Terry3 days ago

I agree entirely with your conclusions, but a trifle heavy on "would's"

Like Hansel and Gretel, sometimes I too get lost in the "would's" :)

LOL!!!đŸ˜‚Terry I think you're Jesus!! You're a sight smarter 'n him at any rate!!!!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Most of the New Testament was written by Paul who never personally met Jesus and this is what most of Christian beliefs are based on.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Myelaine....2 things...

You are persecuting a fellow christian because he is showing empathy and understanding for someone who has been spiritually abused...you leave an unpleasant taste in the mouth

Also...can you choose to believe that grass is purple ?? When the facts as you understand them lead you to disbelieve something you cannot choose to do so.

• zeb
    zeb
    For a very long time I have had an abiding idea that not all has been revealed to us that is there is a lot that should be in the bible that isn't.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Actually the one fact that keeps me believing 1% in Jesus, is the that he wrote nothing down.

The Rebel.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wasn`t Jesus supposedly greater than Moses ?

Moses has five books attributed to him , Jesus has none.

Moses seems to have accomplished a lot more in his lifetime than Jesus ever did.

Moses was 120 years old at his death , so if he was instrumental as a servant of Jehovah , say from 30 years of age , that means he had at least 90 years doing God`s work .Look at his service in all those years

Now compare it to Jesus service.

Jesus ? He was only 3 years in doing Gods work , and if you compare what Moses accomplished in all those years with what Jesus achieved , Moses comes up trumps.

I think the Bible shows Moses was greater than Jesus.

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit