Jehovah's Witnesses Latest Music video advice picking a marriage mate

by Watchtower-Free 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

BINGO Smiddy! You win the prize for the best comment today!

SMIDDY: This video highlights how Jehovah`s Witnesses are a divisive cult among their own members , it`s not what they say , it`s what they don`t say.

Jehovah`s Witnesses scrutinize among themselves who is a spiritual person , and who is not , in their congregation .They are making a Judgmental decision , based on their own observations. .

How very true!

• Watchtower-Free
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Let's get this straight, so I understand. You pick a marriage mate from a bin bag?
  • Makemeanunbeliever
    Makemeanunbeliever
    Its tough finding a good marriage mate in general period.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Its tough finding a good marriage mate in general period - good point.

But those trapped in the WT cult have the sword of Damocles hovering above their heads. One slip and consensual sex can turn into a complete nightmare - telling janitors what's none of their business.

Although I think marriage is a good institution, organised religion has much to answer for.

• compound complex
    compound complex
    • In recent months/years, there does seem to be somewhat of a hostility and contempt toward singles. Yes, I'm sure it is very, very tough on singles to survive socially in this cult. The way everything is geared-up for couples and families. -- Beth Sarim

One of the many reasons I could no longer deal with the JW social structure. Being a fader who is single is a lonely existence.

CC
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...marriage mate..."

Jeezus, I hate that label.

I thought it was stupid and condescending, even when I was still in.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Watching this again, I got a chuckle watching Flodin's mannerisms right at the beginning of the piece.

As he's introducing the video, his hand gesture stiffens, and what looks like a grimace spreads across his face as he emphasizes the word "pain" in the sentence:

"Jehovah wants to safeguard his servants from the PAAAAIINNNN that results .. . . "

Weirdos.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I had another viewing, too.

The song is sickly-sweet - it could have been sung by Ned and Maude Flanders.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Take your time and choose wisely when picking a

marriage mate.

When joining a religion, the age of 8 and up is good.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit