If You Ruled Your Own Country......

by Frannie Banannie 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

geesh....sounds like a few of yall are gettin' rigid and militant as ruling classes....as for moi......I'd rather rule a country in a way that there would be music in the air and people dancin' in the streets....flowers everywhere......and a barter system....

Frannie B

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I guess the language I used in describing a new system of laws designed to equalize life for all was a little harsh and severe. Lately, I have been disgusted with politicians, business leaders, religion and the state of the world. It just seems like those who get away with the worst crimes, excesses, and indulgences in this world continue without letup or regard for the weak, poor and disadvantaged.

Someone has to stand up for those without representation.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

UR, I figure that if anyone started a country of their own, it would be like beginning with a blank sheet of paper......filling in things as ya go.....and if anyone didn't want to live happy and free of all the political and other schmucky shtuff going on in the rest of the world, they would be given a one-way ticket back...(wriggles eyebrows)

Frannie B

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UnReformist,

Here in the US, the only people without representation are those who choose not to vote, or can't vote because of a felony conviction or lack of citizenship or past the proper age.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

Zion Lover:

Anyone who cannot avail themselves of any of the rights guaranteed by the bill of rights and constitution is not being represented.

How naive are you or willfully despondent? The votings rights for many are less than 40 years old. How do you register to vote if you are homeless? What address will you use? How will you prove your identity?

Have you been to a veteran's home lately? Remember the smell? Have you volunteered at any food banks, or delivered meals to the elderly lately? If so, you would be aware of a totally different America than what the moron in office talks about when he is visiting aircraft carriers.

You should make an effort to experience and examine as many segments of society as possible, if you are truly interested in acquiring a broader perspective.

• Swan
    Swan

I would give government subsidies to the Hershey candy company and then give away government chocolate like they did cheese back in the 1980's.

Tammy

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

oooooooooooo...Chocolate! YUMMY!!!

Frannie B

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

UNReformable,

You said,

Zion Lover:

Anyone who cannot avail themselves of any of the rights guaranteed by the bill of rights and constitution is not being represented.

How naive are you or willfully despondent? The votings rights for many are less than 40 years old. How do you register to vote if you are homeless? What address will you use? How will you prove your identity?

Have you been to a veteran's home lately? Remember the smell? Have you volunteered at any food banks, or delivered meals to the elderly lately? If so, you would be aware of a totally different America than what the moron in office talks about when he is visiting aircraft carriers.

You should make an effort to experience and examine as many segments of society as possible, if you are truly interested in acquiring a broader perspective.

Actually, I do love Jerusalem. But I love my own country more.

You make these grandeous protestations about how people can not avail themselves of their voting rights...what have you done to help them? I know what I've done to help...I serve my country by protecting its freedoms...service in the military. I've also worked in Voter's Registration campaigns, registering everyone I can find, because I want all eligible voters to vote.

Yes, the voters rights of many are relatively new...which means we keep improving what we have. Can you name one country on earth where it's working better?

How do you register to vote if your homeless? What have YOU PERSONALLY done to fix that situation. I've worked to help feed these people, and clothe them. Most of them are on the street by choice, not force...that's just the reality. Homeless shelters can be used as addresses, they do that in San Francisco. Proof of ID? ID's can be had cheap...REAL CHEAP.

I was at a Veteran's hospital at Easter...were you? I volunteer a lot of hours in feeding the poor, helping the mentally handicapped, funding Crisis Pregnancy Centers where the girls are told abortion ISN'T the ONLY or the best option, and then help with expenses...and then I go to countries like Bosnia...and Kosovo...and Jordan...and Iraq protecting your rights to wax poetic about the "injustices" in the US.

Do we have problems? Sure, but like I said, name one country that does it better, that provides more opportunity.

I don't know what your life experience is...but I've seen big parts of the world...places where there real are no freedoms...we have it good here...and we're trying to make it better.

This "moron" we have for a president...well, most of us think he's doing a pretty good job.

We're working to fix our problems, you can bitch about it...or you can do something to help...which is it?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

More amendments 11: Every person in this republic has a right to exist. The right to exist is described as such: The right to have your assets transferred to other people only by your permission. The right for physical comfort. The right to strive for a life of dignity. 12: Discrimination based on religious beliefs, private sexual beliefs, ethnicity, age, gender or skin color or economic status is hereby banned in this republic in situations that involve employment, buisness transactions and accsess to products and services. The only people that are exempt to this amendment are private social clubs. 13: Unpaied servitude is hereby banned in this republic unless it is a form of punishment or debt repayment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit