If You Ruled Your Own Country......

by Frannie Banannie 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Deafeated before you get started, Heathen? lol.....pretend it's location and size would be of no consequence to any power-hungry world leaders, cher...

Frannie B

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

and anything that halps maintain an abuse free country

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL@Terry! You've given this some thought, haven't you? You've got it GOIN' ON, Cher!

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

awwww, Little Toe & Termite....just try to think of it as parenting a very large household full of friends and family, chers....give it a whirl......how would yall LIKE life to be?

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

lol@Aztec, Rayzorblade, Viv & yxl1 !!

Simon, sounds great! Just make sure there's plenty of nekkid *guy* cheerleaders with great tushies, too...

Frannie B

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm all for that, Lady Lee!!!

Frannie B

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I think if I had my own country we would be conquered in no time because there would be no military ,people would have all kinds of rights and freedoms they don't have today and I believe the partying will be so hard core that noone will notice an advancing foe before it's too late . ohhhhhhh crap .

heathen and I actually agree on something for once!

...But I *would* have a military force, for defense only. Like Switzerland. Everybody has to do military time & I hear they're damn serious about it, but have they ever invaded anyone else? It is to laugh. They even rejected UN membership 3-1 in a popular vote.

Military involvement outside Kaleidoscopia's borders would require a 2/3 majority vote of the PEOPLE.

Oh, and gay marriage would be legal from day one.
    Marijuana would be legal (and taxable), but I think I'd set up the weed tax to favor small farmers :)

Hate crime perps would be deported. Threatening people with hellfire would be classified as a hate crime.

Immigration policy would favor those in need. We might actually RECRUIT teens who were kicked out of their homes for being, queer, or leaving their parents' cult churches, or suchlike...Yeah, I definitely like the idea of an Israeli-style Law of Return, but for hippies and other salutary freaks.

Otherwise: the engines of law would be driven by the rights and needs of children.

GentlyFeral

• heathen
    heathen

Apparently my country would have to be on another planet as it is my belief that politicians hate to see anyone enjoy themselves . I like the naked cheerleaders idea that simon came up with . I also like the idea of lots of hockey and beer . I think my countries name would be beertopia. lol . I like guns and such so I hope there is plenty of wildlife to shoot up on my planet . I think one law would be you eat what you kill.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Very thought-provoking, Gently Feral and Heathen.....good goin', guys!

Frannie B

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think this describes perfectly what it would be like to me:

Ha-ha-ha
    Ho-ho-ho
    And a couple of tra-la-las
    That's how we laugh the day away
    In the Merry Old Land of Oz
    'Bzz-'bzz-'bzz
    Chirp, chirp, chirp
    And a couple of La-di-das.