Some People Enjoy Being Jehovah's Witnesses For Various Reasons

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

yes self destructing - all that alcohol has finally killed the braincells

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

and Vinny is basking in the warm glow of admiration from others and himself. Life is grand

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney
    try defending yourself rather than running off like a two year old as you did

It looks to me like more than one person is capable of acting like a two year old.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

**** Can you read? The "idea" under scrutiny is the building of new Kingdom Halls -- FOR FREE-- for the WT Society.

actually this is wrong and was not the title of the original thread - check for yourself folks if you do not believe me - or of course you can assume it is right because your lord and master Vinny says so

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am enjoying this now

• neverendingjourney
    neverendingjourney

It's been interesting for me to see how so many posters who have not yet gotten over the shunning jump on others for such trivial "transgressions" as referring to the Jehovah's Witnesses as "the truth" out of habit or in stillas' case, admitting to remaining within the religion because of family ties and bonds.

It's as if the fact that they're so angry at the Witnesses over their treatment combined with their inability to take out their frustrations against other Witnesses due to their disfellowshipping leads them to lash out against any JWD poster who dares present a balanced viewpoint of the JW religion. Hopefully these folks can get over their deep resentments soon enough. It's not healthy.

• oompa
    oompa

Shifting gears here.........I always liked the ratio of girls to guys! and the thought that there were above average numbers of virgin teenage girls!.................oompa

• james_woods
    james_woods

Not calling anyone out in particular, but I knew a lot of JW people who were pretty much dysfunctional in normal society ( I mean by that - before they joined ), and I think the witness world gave them a unique sense of "belonging". I think my parents were of this nature, but it pretty rapidly wore off as soon as they saw through the 1975 issue and began questioning.

Also not mentioned are the fairly common occurances of people who were at the very most upper middle class financially, but who could run around like the Kennedy clan within the Borg - because everybody else was subsisting on barely more than minimum wage.

And yes - I knew a number of Elder-people who were in it strictly for the chance to be little big dogs for their moment in the sun on the platform, or to get in on a really juicy judicial committee, or some such.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Sorry, yes, sir, no sir, three bags full sir, Whatever you say sir. You are my master.You have the right to tell me what to do. If you say dont bump any more threads I will have to comply

Shit, I never get that kind of obedience from anyone.

W

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

There's a good reason why many forums have a rule that bumping old threads that is more than 6 months old is a no-no.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit