Work Christmas functions: Being a Bible Student (unbaptized)

by rulehayl 78 Replies latest jw friends

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    There are 364 other days in the year to celebrate & socialize.

Not with " worldly" people you won't. That is most definitely not ok. You are expected to keep association with non-Jws to the minimum. Essentially work and school. The 2016 " wife of lot" convention videos even condemned associating with non-jw FAMILY. Visiting a brother, even AFTER celebrations are done, on his birthday would be a huge no-no.

Also your school analogy, comparing the need for rules with that of rules within cults, was way off the Mark. Basically a cult is an abuser and CAN be best compared with an abusive partner. A school is a place which benefits you in the end, the rules there to help you achieve your positive outcome can be compared to the' rules' within a healthy relationship - honesty equality, fairness including sharing financial burdens, commitment, respect, unconditional love.

The rules within a cult, an unhealthy place that does not benefit you, and their rules can best be compared to the 'rules' within an abusive relationship - lies, deception, extreme hierarchy and inequality, unfair burdens, financial dishonesty, one sided commitment, violence towards spouse & kids acceptable, love conditional on your obedience.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I assume the original poster has left the building.

If this person is really studying to become a JW and doesn't believe anything written by the ex-JW posters here, they are in for a shock if they do join.

To say they are in for a rude awakening is an understatement. I remember it well.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Don't go away mad.

Just go away!

And don't let the door hit you in the arse.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Rule hail is riding their pet panda back to fantasy witnessworld.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

OP's username suddenly rings a bell with me. I've had a conversation with her a year ago! She can't ever say she hasn't been warned.

If God asked you to kill all people, would you do it? Hayley's answer.

Our conversation in the comments section (including a 'don't listen to the apostate' warning from a JW)

• Onager
    Onager

Wow Anders, that's the scary power of the internet right there! The internet knows all, the internet remembers all.

for what it's worth, I also got the vibe that they were already a JW. It was something about their turn of phrase and lack of addressing arguments. Either way, bring on the next defender of the JDubs!

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Lmao, nice catch Anders!

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

It's even worse...after the conversation mentioned above we had a private conversation that ended with her deciding to tell the study conductor she won't follow Jehovah anymore. Guess that decision was undone...

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

no my Study Conductor has not tried to separate me from any non-JW family members

It's my brother's birthday this weekend, he knows I won't be going

Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit