Work Christmas functions: Being a Bible Student (unbaptized)
I try my best to follow all of Jehovah's rules, but sometimes I just want to quit now because it becomes too overwhelming and difficult.
28 “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Are you sure exactly whose rules it is you're following?
If you want to end up quitting your job and live in unnecessary (stupid) hardship just so you can be a faithful jokehovian witless, go right ahead. They will harvest this energy to help joke-hova and its filthy angels to enslave the whole world. Starting with ballyhooing you for quitting your job because they wanted you to worship the sun, and ending up destitute for the sake of that abomination joke-hova (who is really interested in enslaving you and everyone else).
Or, you can quit the jokehovian witlesses now while you still can without facing severe consequences, and go to the sun-worship party. You will still have your job, joke-hova will not be able to ballyhoo you quitting and use the energy to enslave the whole world, you will still have the freedom to communicate with family and friends, and you will have fun worshiping the sun (which is what they did during the period before jesus krayst was even born). And, do not donate anything to the washtowel--you do not want to be lifting a finger to help them help joke-hova to enslave the whole world under the worst conditions imaginable.
Research about the WT and Bible. The truth will set you free, else you would end up serving a cult, professing to worship a god - which is an ancient imagination.
Bitter truth is, this is the only life. Live it freely and happily.
IF you have a need for religion in your life I earnestly suggest that you visit other churches. There are some good ones who actually do good deeds.
The JW's are a high control religion who feel the need to take extreme action against those that sin. Disfellowshiping means you are cut off from family and friends usually for life if you decide not to associate as a JW.
Here is a list of their rules that you can be disfellowshiped for:
Within this list are many troubling rules that are out of place and even reckless such as:
Remarriage without Scriptural permission.
Dating a person not legally divorced.
- Apostasy - w83 4/1 pp.22-4, km 8/80 pp.1, 4. includes;
- Rebellion against Jehovah's organization - w63 7/1
- Promoting sects - it-2 886
- Associating with disfellowshipped people including;
- Friends -
- Family -
- Blood and blood transfusion
- Employment violating Christian principles -
- Working for any religious organization -
- Working in a gambling institution -
- Selling tobacco -
- Contract work at a military establishment
- False worship. Includes;
- Attending another church ks91-E p.94
- Following mourning customs that involve false worship
- Artificial insemination and surrogate motherhood.
- "True Christians, therefore, avoid surrogate motherhood as well as any procedures that involve the use of donated sperm, eggs, or embryos" g04 9/22;
- "Artificial insemination of a married woman by a donor other than her husband makes her guilty of adulter
- Gambling or related employment
- Gluttony -
- Loose conduct Rather than restricted to the usual definition of sexual perversion, the Watchtower defines "loose conduct" as including "disrespect to elders". This enables this term to be used to disfellowship for a wide range of offences not elsewhere covered
- Non neutral activities (involvement in politics and the military) - ks91-E p.96
- Military service and non military service including working casual work (certain civilian work has recently been made a conscience matter w96 5/1 p.20) - ks91-E p.96
- Obscene speech - ks91-E p.95
- Porneia. Includes oral and anal sex between married couples, mutual masturbation between persons not married to each other, homosexuality, lesbianism, fornication, adultery, incest, and bestiality.
- Smoking or selling tobacco
- Sexually perverse practices within marriage, such as oral and anal sex - w83 3/15 p.31
- Heavy petting and breast fondling - ks91-E p.92
- Touching of sexual parts - ks91-E p.91
- Practice of viewing abhorrent Pornography -
Ah, the old "slippery slope" argument. Just one example of the many logical fallacies they use.
You had already decided that attending a team function would be acceptable to you, but your study leader tried to undermine your own conscience by imposing his idea of what you should do. Why even have your own conscience, if all you need to do is slavishly follow a bunch of rules? Be advised that if you formally join this religion your life will be all about just that. If you later decide you do not want to follow these rules you will be subject to being disfellowshipped and shunned by everyone you know. Celebrating Christmas is a serious offence in this group.
This organization likes to pretend you can follow your own conscience, but they only allow that in really minor situations, and even then people in the group tend to nitpick and gossip about it.
Really, whether you celebrate holidays is not that important. What is more important is this organization's determination to control every aspect of their members lives. Is that something you can live with? Even more concerning is their continued teaching that Armageddon is coming any minute, something they have been claiming for over a hundred years. They have falsely predicted dates for the end many, many times, so far they have a 100% failure rate on predictions. Why believe them now? Because world conditions are so bad? Every generation believed that.
I was a JW back in the seventies. I was told in the Awake magazine that a young person, (which I was at the time) would never have time for a career in this system of things. I believed that and skipped college, which I now regret, as I am old enough to collect social security now.
I would hate for anyone else to fall for this, so please investigate this religion thoroughly before you commit. Don't believe the line that Satan is trying to receive you and that only information from the Watchtower can be trusted. That's what organizations do when they have something to hide, right? You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders, trust your instincts and don't let others manipulate you, because that it's the true "slippery slope".
Rulehay, visualise Jehovah God in heaven, looking down on earth, taking in all the big and the little stuff happening. And he observes you at a Christmas party. JWs will tell you he feels sad about you attending the party.
Now, visualise how blindingly infantile all of this is. A children’s story could not be more pathetic, right?
Man, you lead a pretty good life that you can afford to worry over going or not going to a Christmas party.
Time to cut those infantile JW- apron strings and take back control of your life. Party time, Anyone?
I hate to say it, but if your face doesn't fit, after you get baptised, you're in for a very hard time.
Once they can't 'count time' by 'studying' with you or count 'placements' on their 'report card', you'll find out who your friends really are.
Ask your 'study conductor' what a report card is. What counting time is. What placements are. AND importantly, what the rules around these are! Please let us know what the answers are.......don't tell them you've been on the internet as they'll just say that 'Satan' is misleading you.........your response will be interesting.
the sad thing is about these kind of posts is that they have already made their minds up, she has already stated she wont be attending her brothers birthday party is echoing jw speak about the negativity of them, just think of the look on her brothers face if she turned up to his party and genuinely looked like she meant it, she's be a hundred times better than the kill joy, sanctimonious jw's she is mixing with, why be a martyr? enjoy your life, value the family unit, anything is better than what they offer.
Yet she still posts here every now and then. I give her credit for appearing to sense all does not make sense in JWland.
First, adios the dubs you're "studying" with. Second, go live your life. Third, gift-giving, feasting, good will = not evil. Use your own common sense instead of substituting it with the drivel of madmen.