Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Scholar,

<<The credible evidence that Christ was enthroned in 1914 is the fact that we are seeing the Sign of His Presence>>

Nah. Matthew 24:1-35 was fulfilled in the first century' nothing to do with newspaper exegesis Witnesses use to support 1914.

There were no signs given in Matthew 24 to announce or give evidence for Christ's parousia.

You have shown no credible evidence for 1914. I have presented scripture to support first century enthronement. Plain and simple.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

<<But as scholar pointed out, the Gentile Times ended in 1914.>>

Again, assertion is not proof.

• scholar
    scholar

Disillusioned JW

When it comes to books about the Bible (including theology) produced for public (often at very low prices) the WTS, the publisher of the LDS, and the publishers of the SDA to to me to produce by far the most literature. But which Christian publishers, if any, produce more such literture? Also, which Christian publishers produce far better Bible literature for the general public than the WTS, while at the same time in large quantities?

---

Good points for it is only WTS that produces Bibles and extensive Bible literature free of charge and available in thousands of languages with a freely available Website which can be accessed for Bible questions and Research.

--

Christian Publishing is an academic subject in its own right and here in Australia, I have acquired books for my extensive theological library from Koorong Books which is the nations leading bookstore and from Moore Theological College Bookshop in Newtown, Sydney.

---

Are Zondervan, Thomas Neslson, and Holman in that group and maybe Abingdon? What about Oxford and Cambridge? It seems to me they produce books by a large number of authors, since they are not specific to any particular religion of Christianity. In order to get a consistent Christian message, perhaps I should ask which publisher of a specific church/denomination of Christianity produces the best doctrinal literature about the Bible.

--

The problem with these Publishing Houses of which there are many is the cost of such books which is beyond what a working man can afford. A decent Bible Commentary Series having multiple volumes can cost well over a thousand dollars and usually are used for ministers, theological students and scholars. WT publications on the other hand are accessible to a literate public.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Vanderhoven7

Nah. Matthew 24:1-35 was fulfilled in the first century' nothing to do with newspaper exegesis Witnesses use to support 1914.

There were no signs given in Matthew 24 to announce or give evidence for Christ's parousia.

You have shown no credible evidence for 1914. I have presented scripture to support first century enthronement. Plain and simple.

----

Why not put your feet where your mouth is and try to convince the public otherwise. In my public ministry either from house to house or in the public square the Witnesses have no difficulty in convincing people that the Sign is being fulfilled right before their eyes for they see the evidence on TV and in the newspapers.

Matt 24:14; Mark 13:10 and Revelation 14:6,7 prove the fact that of the Sign as with the worldwide proclamation of the Gospel only done by the Witnesses..

Rather than you being an armchair critic or sceptic why do not go out and give a public witness of the Gospel?

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Thomas More

Fisherman: Don’t think WT now teaches that. “circa 1914” not 1914 as discussed in another thread

This subtle change was never fully addressed but gave Watchtower an out on the sequence of events that lead to WW1. They are a slippery sort when it comes to rationality. I don't agree with their reasoning nor with 1914 doctrine, but I have to give them credit for the curve ball they pitched to get themselves out of that mess of a timing dilemma. Using their reasoning allows Satan to be evicted 10 months prior to the establishment of the Kingdom (supposedly in October of 1914). The question is: Does any JW actually care? Very few are able to explain the lunacy of the overlapping generation so why would they care if Satan got tossed out months before the Kingdom was established. They just accept it and order another drink.

--

The answer is very simple. The fact is that we can determine precisely the ending of the Gentile Times right to the very calender month, October 1914 which also providentially marked the birth of God's Kingdom. Sequentially, the book of Revelation describes the ousting of Satan consequently after the birth of the Kingdom but does not provide a calendar month for that event thus once the date of 1914 is established then this provides a chronological anchor point for those events that properly form an eschatological triennium; 1914, 1918 and 1919.

You gotta luv the said scholar's mighty defence!!!! LOL

scholarJW

• scholar
    scholar

Vanderhoven 7

Again, assertion is not proof.

--

Proof is built on an assertion.

scholar JW

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    You debunked nothing.

I did. Bible clearly shows Jesus was not enthroned when you asserted he was as my post shows.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    The fact is that we can determine precisely the ending of the Gentile Times right to the very calender month, October 1914

Precisely! Based on a historical fact, the fall of Babylon and using God’s word. Since the kingdom of God and Gentile Times are Bible subjects, in harmony and consistent with the Bible, we need to use Bible chronology and other Bible standards to extrapolate Gentile Times. Even if history seems to conflict with the Bible, we need to use Bible variables to get Bible results. So that means that to interpret prophecy, we need to use the Bible: 70 years. Ironically the 2 Temple fell in 70.

• resolute Bandicoot
    resolute Bandicoot
    WT publications on the other hand are accessible to a literate public.

- scholar JW

They even produce a special version for the barely literate public, those with little education that are easily duped.

Give us a break, many of us here have scam fatigue.

RB

• scholar
    scholar

resolute Bandicoot

Being easily accessible hardly equates to duplicity as the reader can simply ignore the content so no one is twisting the arm. If you feel you are being scammed then go away.

schola\r JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit