by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar

My friend ( can I call you that?)

Let’s be nice, eh ?

I’m enjoying a glass of 🍷 right now

The sun is shining

And I know that God loves us because we were all made in his image.

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Matthew 24:1-35 was fulfilled in the first century'

Mathew 24:30 all the tribes of the earth

Mark 13:25

Luke 21:36

Also, this prophecy has to do with his return and the separation of the sheep and the goats associated with his return—which did not happen back then but some parts of the prophecy like the disgusting thing did happen back then. So how can we harmonize and reconcile all these scriptures? Like the prophecy of Jesus coming on a colt and with the clouds of heaven, the prophecy has a dual fulfillment one in 70 and again 1914.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

. I have presented scripture to support first century enthronement.

No you haven’t, You ignore the rest of the Bible,

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah / Yahweh must really hate humans to banish Satan to earth when he could have sent him to the other side of the universe or just kill him .

He didn`t have to wait more than 6000 years to send him to earth did he.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

smiddy3, while a very active I also took offense (at least a few times) with the idea of Jehovah casting Satan to the Earth, and thus causing great trouble for humans, instead of God locking up Satan in the abyss or doing something else to him in a way that wouldn't harm humans.

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Temporary internet connectivity problems prevented me from revising the first part of my prior post to say "smiddy3, while I was a very active JW I also ...".

• scholar
    scholar

ozziepost

My friend ( can I call you that?)

Let’s be nice, eh

---

Absolutely, I hope you are enjoying that glass of red

Cheers

scholar JW

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

The 1914 parousia is bogus and spurious to scripture.

And as I said, everything in Matthew 24:1-35 was fulfilled in the first century and that obviously includes verse 30.

It also includes the Jews who survived the first century tribulation being deported into the surrounding nations. Luke 21:24

The question is, does the text allow for dual fulfillment. Will the Jews be deported once again? And the answer is a definite no.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    And as I said, everything in Matthew 24:1-35 was fulfilled in the first century and that obviously includes verse 30.

Hi Van,🙂

How? Also how do the verses you cited answer the Apostle’s question about the parousia —which includes the separation of the sheep and the goats mentioned in the rest of the Bible?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Hi Fisherman,

You asked, "How?"

The following is an excerpt from The Watchtower of May 1, 1999 (p. 11,12)which contains rare elements of sound interpretation.

In the years leading up to 66 C.E., Christians would have seen many of the preliminary elements of the composite sign being fulfilled-wars, famines, even an extensive preaching of the good news of the Kingdom. (Acts 11:28; Colossians 1:23) When, though, would the end come? What did Jesus mean when he said: 'This generation [Greek, ge.ne.a'] will not pass away'? Jesus had often called the contemporaneous mass of opposing Jews, including religious leaders, 'a wicked, adulterous generation.' (Matthew 11:16; 12:39, 45; 16:4; 17:17; 23:36) So when, on the Mount of Olives, he again spoke of "this generation," he evidently did not mean the entire race of Jews throughout history; nor did he mean his followers, even though they were "a chosen race." (1 Peter 2:9) Neither was Jesus saying that "this generation" is a period of time.

Rather, Jesus had in mind the opposing Jews back then who would experience the fulfillment of the sign he gave. Regarding the reference to "this generation" at Luke 21:32, Professor Joel B. Green notes: "In the Third Gospel, 'this generation' (and related phrases) has regularly signified a category of people who are resistant to the purpose of God. . . . [It refers] to people who stubbornly turn their backs on the divine purpose." *
    The wicked generation of Jewish opposers who could observe the sign being fulfilled would also experience the end. (Matthew 24:6, 13, 14) And that they did! In 70 C.E., the Roman army returned, led by Titus, son of Emperor Vespasian. The suffering of the Jews who were again bottled up in the city is almost beyond belief." Eyewitness Flavius Josephus reports that by the time the Romans demolished the city, about 1,100,000 Jews had died and some 100,000 were taken captive, most of those soon to perish horribly from starvation or in Roman theaters. Truly, the tribulation of 66-70 C.E. was the greatest that Jerusalem and the Jewish system had ever experienced or would ever experience. How different the outcome was for Christians who had heeded Jesus' prophetic warning and had left Jerusalem after the departure of the Roman armies in 66 C.E.!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit