Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    No, it is because WT scholars are too smart.

It is because of God’s Holy spirit.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

NCC:

My guess is your screen name is meant to be ironic.

Not exactly. In fairness to our worthy combatant, he has maintained such a scholarly approach on this forum these past 21 years.

I remember well his first appearance on the forum and I admit I doubted his claims but now, all these years later, I must acknowledge his endurance, his consistency and tenacity.

Of course, he knows I don’t share his views of Witness theology, I myself am convinced of more orthodox Christian theology.

Nonetheless, our ‘colleague’ has my admiration and respect.

Footnote:

Just so you’re clear, I consider the whole 1914 thing to be bunkum.

Cheers,

Ozzie 🍷

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

If I remember correctly, there was a QfR on that and the answer was that Satan knew about chronology (well, he could have just purchased the Watch Tower-magazine) and that he wanted to confuse mankind, so that is why WW1 started before the end of the times of the Gentiles.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now that’s a classic “moving the goalposts”, eh?

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Regarding Fisherman's claim that "There is zero empirical evidence that 586 is the destruction of Jerusalem -only an interpretation of the Stele which Scholar refuted in previous thread years ago ...." and the idea that "1914 has not been debunked", what about the research by Carl Olof Jonsson? M. James Penton in his Apocalypse Delayed book says that Jonsson "discovered that the society's contention that Jerusalem had fallen to Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon in 607 BC was historically, archaeologically, and astronomically indefensible". Notice there is historical and archaeological evidence against the 607 BCE date, not just astronomical evidence from one Stele.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahh, Fisherman !

Been here a long time too but seems to be a spoiler for Scholar. Look at this:

"There is zero empirical evidence that 586 is the destruction of Jerusalem -only an interpretation of the Stele which Scholar refuted in previous thread years ago ...."

Zero empirical evidence ??? !! The moon’s made out of green cheese would be just as nonsensical but say it often enough and someone will believe it.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    • The moon’s made out of green cheese would be just as nonsensical but say it often enough and someone will believe it.

Hi Oz,

Where’s the beef?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

There’s zero empirical evidence for beef 🤔

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Zero empirical evidence
    A Universe From Nothing -Krauss
    Apocalypse Delayed -Olof

At least Bible faith is based on proof but these books require faith only.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    There’s zero empirical evidence for beef

Thats why they say, have it your way-as the jingle goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit