Simple Question Re 1914

by Slidin Fast 540 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

So when reads the OT especially Jeremiah, Daniel. Lamentations, Ezra, 2 Chronicles.one reads no mention of an Exile and no mention of the 'seventy years of Jeremiah'?

🤦‍♂️ such obvious dishonesty. But it is indeed the case that when one reads in the OT about ‘exile’ and about ‘70 years’, it never mentions ‘70 years of exile’. Already provided links for details about all related issues, with full scriptural backing.

Most pertinent to your specific lie:

• Jeffro
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

Correction: In my prior post I made an error in saying that 'The above is also further evidence that the 'Book of Daniel" has ... some incorrect predictions of what was to happen soon after the year 164 B.C.E. (such as the establishment of God's kingdom over the whole planet Earth and hence the end of all gentile governments).'

It was incorrect me to say such because the quotes I made from the two study Bibles did not point out errors in predictions in the "Book of Daniel". Furthermore, in the introductions and commentary to the "Book of Daniel" in those two particular study Bibles there was no statement of a failed prediction in the Book of Daniel. However though they did not point out any failed predictions in the "Book of Daniel", other scholarly books did point out failed predictions, and I am convinced that the predictions pertaining to what was said to happen soon after the year 164 B.C.E. are failed predictions, instead of yet to be fulfilled future events.

Further information: Regarding scholar's comment to me of "This mere opinion for you notice that no firm evidence is provided for this nonsense" in reference to the what the introduction of the two study Bibles said regarding Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the two study Bibles provided some of the evidence in the commentary of the biblical verses. I did not bother type that documentation into my post. I invite those interested to read them directly in either of the two study Bibles. Furthermore, other scholarly books mention in detail how a number of verses in the "Book of Daniel" pertain to Antiochus IV Epiphanes. I encourage people to read some of those books also.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

such obvious dishonesty. But it is indeed the case that when one reads in the OT about ‘exile’ and about ‘70 years’, it never mentions ‘70 years of exile’. Already provided links for details about all related issues, with full scriptural backing.

---

True such an expression '70 years of exile' nowhere occurs in the OT but nowhere does' 70 years of Babylonish domination or servitude' occur in the OT.

--

Most pertinent to your specific lie:

Most pertinent are your lies contained in your two fabrications of Bible history
    scholar JW
  • scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Further, when the Bible writers refer to 'Exile' what then is this period and how long is it?

----When you deny the historical reality of the Exile then you end up with bunkum as contained in your three articles
    --scholar JW
  • scholar
    scholar

Disillusioned JW

• Regarding scholar's comment to me of "This mere opinion for you notice that no firm evidence is provided for this nonsense" in reference to the what the introduction of the two study Bibles said regarding Antiochus IV Epiphanes, the two study Bibles provided some of the evidence in the commentary of the biblical verses. I did not bother type that documentation into my post. I invite those interested to read them directly in either of the two study Bibles. Furthermore, other scholarly books mention in detail how a number of verses in the "Book of Daniel" pertain to Antiochus IV Epiphanes. I encourage people to read some of those books also.

--

Please provide at least ONE example or proof that any verse in Daniel is applicable to Antiochus Epiphanes IV.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar':

True such an expression '70 years of exile' nowhere occurs in the OT but nowhere does' 70 years of Babylonish domination or servitude' occur in the OT.
    Jeremiah 25:11–12: And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years. 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.

Jeremiah 27:6–11: And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’ 8 “‘“‘If any nation or kingdom refuses to serve King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon and refuses to put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence,’ declares Jehovah, ‘until I have finished them off by his hand.’ 9 “‘“‘Therefore, do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your magicians, and your sorcerers, who are saying to you: “You will not serve the king of Babylon.” 10 For they are prophesying lies to you, so that you will be taken far away from your land and I will disperse you and you will perish. 11 “‘“‘But the nation that brings its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serves him, I will allow to remain on its land,’ declares Jehovah, ‘to cultivate it and dwell in it.’”’”

Chronicles 36:20: He carried off captive to Babylon those who escaped the sword, and they became servants to him and his sons until the kingdom of Persia began to reign,

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar':

When you deny the historical reality of the Exile then you end up with bunkum as contained in your three articles

Thanks for indicating to honest readers that you have either misrepresented or have not read the three 'articles' that I linked to.

The three 'articles' are actually just sections of the same page, comprising just a few sentence followed by lists of scriptures that directly support the statements made.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

• Jeremiah 25:11–12: And all this land will be reduced to ruins and will become an object of horror, and these nations will have to serve the king of Babylon for 70 years. 12 “‘But when 70 years have been fulfilled, I will call to account the king of Babylon and that nation for their error,’ declares Jehovah, ‘and I will make the land of the Chal·deʹans a desolate wasteland for all time.

Jeremiah 27:6–11: And now I have given all these lands into the hand of my servant King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon; even the wild beasts of the field I have given him to serve him. 7 All the nations will serve him and his son and his grandson until the time for his own land comes, when many nations and great kings will make him their slave.’ 8 “‘“‘If any nation or kingdom refuses to serve King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar of Babylon and refuses to put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence,’ declares Jehovah, ‘until I have finished them off by his hand.’ 9 “‘“‘Therefore, do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your magicians, and your sorcerers, who are saying to you: “You will not serve the king of Babylon.” 10 For they are prophesying lies to you, so that you will be taken far away from your land and I will disperse you and you will perish. 11 “‘“‘But the nation that brings its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serves him, I will allow to remain on its land,’ declares Jehovah, ‘to cultivate it and dwell in it.’”’”

Chronicles 36:20: He carried off captive to Babylon those who escaped the sword, and they became servants to him and his sons until the kingdom of Persia began to reign,

--

Sorry, not one of these verses shows the expression '70 years of Babylonish servitude or domination' just as you have argued that there is no such expression '70 years of Exile'.Such are interpretations alone based on an interpretation of such relevant texts.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Thanks for indicating to honest readers that you have either misrepresented or have not read the three 'articles' that I linked to.

--

I am fully aware of your nonsense which is falsified by your ignoring the historical reality of the Exile of 70 years duration based on an interpretation of the relevant texts from the OT.

--

The three 'articles' are actually just sections of the same page, comprising just a few sentence followed by lists of scriptures that directly support the statements made.

--

Simply put your three articles ignore the reality of the Jewish Exile which was a calamity and to quote one leading Exilic scholar a 'catastrophe' thus such articles contain bunkum not saved by pretty coloured charts which are a distortion of the meaning of the relevant texts.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit