YOUNG PEOPLE ASK Should I Grow a Beard?

by neat blue dog 33 Replies latest social humour

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer
    Things could have gone the complete opposite way. Supposing Judge Rutherford lost his case and didn't become President of the WTB&TS and the 5 directors that Russell wanted to take over, did so. Today, we could very well find ourselves being pulled into the backroom and asked to read a few articles on the reasons why Christian men should grow a beard! Again this highlights how ridiculous the whole beard rule is. A man made rule within a high control religion!
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Yes, Teresa, you will regret that beard years later.

Just say no to steroids, ladies.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I'm still thinking about that elephant tattoo. Should I get an elephant with a beard?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Personally, I'd go for a donkey...with a goatee.
  • Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

This could so easily have been the kind of look we see at Bethel today if Judge Rutherford never became president of the wtb&ts

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It’s a sin to grow a beard that god created men to have

.................. oh wait a second. 😕

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    • was under the impression that beards were allowed over there, due to the comments of some online and some JWs. I also saw a video from on YouTube of a witnessing cart handler with a beard. Maybe um thinking of another European country that allows beards?

My best friends dad has always had a beard. And believe me, it is NOT neat 😂 He’s used for accounting and building and driving and advice and...just about everything except being an elder because he is modest and kind and does not want to go judging people. He also knocks spots off all other male JWs for brains.
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Things could have gone the complete opposite way. Supposing Judge Rutherford lost his case and didn't become President of the WTB&TS and the 5 directors that Russell wanted to take over, did so. Today, we could very well find ourselves being pulled into the backroom and asked to read a few articles on the reasons why Christian men should grow a beard! Again this highlights how ridiculous the whole beard rule is. A man made rule within a high control religion!

Not to mention the 5 ladies Russell appointed to be Watchtower trustees on the board of directors. Even from a religious point of view it is a business...nothing about women being business women in the bible. We would probably have female M.S, because pheobe was one in the bible (sorry my favourite soap box subject!!)

• RolRod
    RolRod
    Did you read the last issue? YOUNG PEOPLE ASK … should I shave my ass?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The long standing ban of men wearing beards and people complying with is indicative of how much the WTS has psychological control over people.

God created men with beards, from that understanding and acceptance some religious organizations ban men from cutting their beards .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit