YOUNG PEOPLE ASK Should I Grow a Beard?

by neat blue dog 33 Replies latest social humour

• Giordano
    Giordano
    Charles Taze Russell sharp.jpg Russell says beards? Where?
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Once again, after stepping off the witness treadmill, it's easy to see how petty and cult like the rules of the org are!

The hypocrisy of the beard rule is mind blowing!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Even back when I was still in, I suspected that it was a way of keeping the good-looking brothers from being even better-looking (from the sisters' POV).
  • steve2
    steve2

The best argument against beards is not Scriptural but organizational and in particular Chuck Russell. Ye gods! Look at his photo. What were the Victorians and Edwardians thinking! Please let us never return to the days of bushy, thick beards.

On the other hand, neatly trimmed beards enhance a man's appearance.

Charles Taze Russell sharp.jpgImage result for trimmed beard with suit and tie styles

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

According to the bible, men should wear their hair with their sides uncut as what can be seen in Jewish Orthodox men today. But who really pays attention to what the bible says these days

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jesus wants to know if he has to shave his face before he gives talks and public speeches when he returns ?

He's curious to this as well as he recognized himself that god actually created man this way ???

• freddo
    freddo

@pale.emperor

Your last paragraph in bold strikes me as strange coming from somebody from the UK.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I sometimes grow a beard, but only because I can't be bothered to shave.

P.S. Jesus with a beard and eye make-up? Looks like Conchita Wurst (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conchita_Wurst).

Conchita Wurst, ESC2014 Meet & Greet 08 (crop).jpg

• steve2
    steve2

The above photos aptly illustrate how some men should wear anything but a beard.

• kaik
    kaik

Beards are very cultural. In the 19th century majority males in Austria-Hungary grew beard, and they became unfashionable after WWI. In Russia and most of Eastern Europe man without beard was not considered manly enough. I have pic of my GGF who served as a Calvary officer around 1890-1900 and had well groomed beard; but my GF who served in WWI did not had any. Past 20 years, beards became fashionable. Many troops deployed in Afghanistan, Iraq have to grow beard in order to have a respect with the local population.

WT is again overstepping over something that was never defined in NT and attempts to regulate something that is not defensible by bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit