JW message becoming more and more relevant

by lsw1961 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

..................................JW`s-------------------->Monkeys----------->Modern Man..

..Image result for businessman with brief caseImage result for Evolution

......................................................If Evolution Is True..

..........................................WHY ARE THERE STILL JW`S??!!..

• Heaven
    Heaven

FMF, that pic with the dog is funny. Interestingly enuf I was reading up a bit on canine ancestry. It is a bit more muddled than ours as domestic dog breeds have interspersedly bred with the wild wolf population over time so there is a lot more wolf in the dog ancestry than there is ape in the human one (I think... uh oh, mental image needs an exorcist... doh! )

• Viviane
    Viviane
    Oh, OK…my mistake…I see them now. I was wrong…we did evolve then.

See that was easy. You just needed someone to show you the light.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It does appears that the JWS organization is dissolving before are very eyes, most likely predicated upon the fact this organization was developed and created by ignorance, fear and exploitation of that fear and ignorance.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Finkelstein never underestimate fear or ignorance. LOL
  • johnamos
    johnamos
    See that was easy. You just needed someone to show you the light.

Thanks, I’m clear now…but I was just wondering why we feel sad when we hear about child abuse cases???

I mean, are the feelings of love, sadness, anger, empathy, etc… and all of the MANY more human emotions…are they just part of the evolution process???

If so, then who is to say what is wrong and right??? Who determines that???

How can someone be set on saying that it is wrong to abuse a child, or kill a person, etc???

If the person/s that feel that it is wrong did they just by chance came to that complex form of thinking???

If so, what of those person/s that feel that it is not wrong???

Did they just not advance with the correct complex form of thinking in that area???

How do we know that at the present evolved state of man that everything that many think is wrong (bad and evil) is suppose to be that way???

Who is setting the standards???

How do we know that we are not fighting against the evolution process???

So basically some of mankind are God’s right…even if they did not create themselves and others (other then their own offspring) they can decide what is right and wrong for all???

Wow, who would of thought that today I would go from believing in the existence of one God, Jehovah to the fact that he is not real but instead the evolution process created the God's of mankind.

• cofty
    cofty

johnamos - You are taking a scatter-gun approach repeating lots of random things you read somewhere about evolution and atheism. All of it is based on ignorance. That's not pejorative, it just means you need to learn stuff.

You are not asking sincere questions which is a pity because there are really compelling answers to all of them. But you are not actually interested in anything that might challenge your faith.

How can someone be set on saying that it is wrong to abuse a child, or kill a person, etc???

Imagine for the sake of discussion that there is no god. Why do you think it would still be wrong to abuse a child? Is it only your faith in an invisible deity and an Iron Age book that stops you being a child abuser?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

When men take on the affirmation that they themselves are spiritually connected to the almighty god and therefore assume complete power and control over all humanity, that is how much detrimental peril is created toward humanity.

The leaders of the WTS are a proving example of that, they exemplify the ignorance of themselves, sell and rigidly protect it as well.

• johnamos
    johnamos
    Imagine for the sake of discussion that there is no god. Why do you think it would still be wrong to abuse a child? Is it only your faith in an invisible deity and an Iron Age book that stops you being a child abuser?

You are making my point…let’s throw the bible out the window so that it is not the basis for refraining from such an action and the cause for feeling that it would be wrong.

How then did we come to feel that it is wrong…I am talking about within our inner-self???

Is by chance, just through the evolution process???
  • cofty
    cofty

Johnamos - I still want an answer to my question at the end of my previous post but I would like to put another point to you.

You are worried that without god there is no absolute standard of right and wrong.

Here is your dilemma with that position. What you are recommending is ethics by divine fiat. Read the OT and you will see that under some circumstances slavery, kidnap, forced marriage/rape, and infanticide are all "good" because god says so.

In your world there is no reliable standard of good and bad. It changes according to the whims of a capricious god.

Can you think of another way that intelligent humans could agree on a more reliable and objective standard of ethics?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit