The Idiocy and Craziness of WT Society Appointed Elders

by flipper 68 Replies latest members private

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

If the WT environment fosters assholishness at the grassroots level, what's that suggest about the guys in the upper echelons?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "...the idiocy and craziness of WT-appointed elders..."

Damn.

I don't have enough fingers to list just how many ironic layers of meaning are contained in that single phrase... :smirk:

• flipper
    flipper

Didn't realize this had been commented on so much, have a bit of time to reply.

FINKELSTEIN- To a JW elder- their appearance and " reputation " within the organization are everything. So if they can save that alleged " good reputation " - I have seen some of them lie, beg, borrow or steal to keep that " reputation " intact. To many of the JW's - it's not truth and honesty that's important- it's outward appearance that's important. Which is dangerous- because then who you are- the authentic inner person- can turn to shit. My 2 cents.

VIDIOT- Thanks for the Simpsons picture. Pretty funny.

LEVEL THE PLAYING FIELD- Hey thank you my friend for the kind words. Mostly my life has been much happier since exiting the JW organization. I miss my daughters and grandson dearly- but all I can hope is that some day their eyes will open wide open to the scam that is the WT Society. But hey- life is great ! Having a good time playing music, growing a garden , and sharing life with Mrs. Flipper ! Times are good.

NOVICLOCS14- What a jerk of an elder in your first post living a convoluted life. Not only a mess- but how would he keep track of all the lies and dishonesty ? Incredible. And your mom getting mad at you texting someone ? Good lord. In JW land sometimes I think none of them respect personal boundaries of others- ever. So messed up.

UNSHACKLETHECHAINS- I like your point that the WT organization has created a " culture of suspicion " - exactly. Not only elders bur fellow believers in the JW cult are trained to rat each other out at the drop of a hat on anything not seen as " acceptable " or " spiritual " . It is totally insane. I knew a few, well , many elders like you mentioned and at times it was all I could do to restrain myself from strangling the shit out of them - so I'd have to walk away from conversations with them at times. The arrogance was appalling

• flipper
    flipper

VIDIOT- Good point you make. If at the elder level the arrogance factor is alive and active- imagine the arrogance and a-hole level at the top of the WT Society . It's off the charts. I've seen some fairly mentally unstable elders in my time. It's almost like it would be if you were locked inside a restroom with Donald Trump for 24 hours and could not escape. I'd either flush myself down the toilet - or him. It's like " it's him or me- what's it gonna be " ? LOL

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump up this thread for newer board members or folks just exiting the JW cult ( although of course anybody can comment ) so they can see they are not alone in having dealt with really unjust situations with elders over many years in this JW organization

• Chook
    Chook

I sold a beautiful house to get away from these religious frauds , the damage these men have bestowed apon there subjects has literally drove some brothers to end their lives. I hate this church and it’s appointed process. They will reap pain for appointing such dickheads.

• flipper
    flipper

CHOOK- So sorry that you had to sell your beautiful house to escape the JW cult. I'm with you in your hatred of the horrid damage these WT leaders have done in destroying lives and splitting families apart. People as you stated have lost lives - either their own or people they love due to the criminal conduct of the leadership and authoritarianism within the JW organization. Just disgusting

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from Landy:

People are people it appears.

Being a JW doesn't make you an arsehole, someone can be perfectly capable of being an arsehole whether they're an elder or not; whether they're a JW or not.

True. The expectation, however, is that those tendencies would be rendered "gone" in the "Truth."

If the fruitage is rotten then so is the organization which professes to be Holy Spirit driven.

• flipper
    flipper

Didn't realize this thread had been bumped up.

OLD NAVY- Exactly. When we were JW's we were told it's " the most loving organization or people in the world " , but that's BS all the way. The fruitage IS rotten as you mentioned and JW's are taught to rat each other out to the elders, and then the elders bring the hammer down on people, for no good reason at all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit