• snowbird
    snowbird

"Free at last! Free at last!"

"Thank God A'mighty, we're free at last!"

AMEN.

Sylvia

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Hi flipper. Yes I know exactly what you are talking about. During my time as an elder I cannot even begin how many fires I would have to put out because of power hungry dumb ass elders. I should have known better when I was made a elder this would happen. The abuse I went through by elders before I became one should have spoken volumes to me but it didnt. The false accusations I went through to the humiliation of elders screaming at me in front of dozens of friends on how bad I am because I was not putting ten hours in field service each month. I honesty thought if I became a elder I could change the system. Boy was I sadly mistaken. The in fighting I saw on the body of elders with screaming and physical fighting was beyond my comprehension. The worse was the CO that would come through. Their petty and holy than thou thinking was classic. Still I stuck with it until I became physically sick. I finally woke up. I truly feel if I would have stayed I would be dead by now. I know there is no holy spirit running that Looney bid. There is no doubt in my mind the majority of things you went through was because of elders who was whack out on power and showing everyone how great wonderful they think they was. Sick, sick, sick is all I can say about about this organisation. After all it's a cult. Take care of yourself. Your friend Still Totally ADD

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

A brother who was a close friend of my family lost his elder position because his youngest teenage son was making babies along the entire eastern seaboard (just about). So instead of Brother Elder being "humble", what does a member of good standing in the Boys Club do, just get transferred to another congregation to retain his eldership !! How easy was that, I wonder if he and the other elders that went along with this little scheme ever thought about what Jehoober might be thinking about their crazy scheme?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Another crazy, idiot eldurr employed a younger, attractive sister. After twenty some years of this sister's husband (non JW) sleeping around on her she decided to divorce him. He suddenly wanted to "study" the bible and be a JDub so he could remarry her. She declined his advances. I was dating her at the time. The eldurr hated me because I was not an ass-kisser. He told her she could not date anyone because her ex was now a baptized JDubya and as much as he said he wanted her back she had to go back to him. Then he fired her leaving her with no income, bills to pay, and a family to support.

That idiot eldurr lives in Kentucky now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Earlier in this thread, there was an account of being seen in the company of a woman who was not your wife and getting slammed for it. That happened to me and was one of three things that pushed me over the edge that brought on my being disfellowshipped. Thank god for that!

I lived in one town in California and worked in another (this was typical for me during that time in my life.) I was working for Dial Finance (remember them?) and had a most horrible boss who was clearly insane but had been in that branch for over 10 years. Also working there was a young gal (we were both in our early 20s) who had attended the same high school as I had and graduated a year after I did. We were aware of each other in school, but did not socialize as we were in mostly different classes and ran with different groups. Our boss at Dial abused us both as we were both trainees and he would often berate us right in the middle of the office with other employees and clients in the general area watching his tirades.

In passing, we had mentioned to each other that if we heard of another job available to share and maybe one of us could get out of that hell-hole. So one day she came over and said to me, "Let's have lunch. I think maybe I have a way out of here."

So we took a lunch break together and went to a restaurant a couple of blocks away. As we were sitting there waiting for our lunch to be served, she leaned over and told me about a job offer she had received and that they were looking for another couple of trainees. Just then another gal walked in the restaurant who had also graduated from our high school and noticed me sitting there. She stopped briefly to acknowledge us and then went on to her table. When we left, we stopped at her table briefly to wish her well.

As it turned out, a couple of weeks later I got fired from Dial (on Xmas eve) and never had any further contact with the other lady after that. Several months later, when I got the call from the Company Servant (remember the old titles?) to ask me to come to my disfellowshipping meeting, he mentioned that I had been "seen eating dinner with a woman who was not your wife." I had to stop and think about that for a bit as that incident had completely passed from my memory. When I asked what he was talking about, he told me that I had been seen eating dinner with a strange woman in the other city. Even then it took me a couple of minutes to try to recollect that whole thing. "So your point is what? That I cheated on my wife sometime last year? Who shared that little bit of gossip with you?" It turned out that the lady who walked through the restaurant mentioned the incident to my wife when they ran into each other at the grocery store. She must have implied that we were acting all "lovey-dovey" during lunch.

But since I was so ready to get the hell out of the Witnesses, I refused to challenge the accusation. I also refused to go to their meeting at the Kingdom Hall. Instead, I urged them to disfellowship me and free me from the burden of being a JW. They had inadvertently tipped me over the edge and I "jumped" at the chance to escape. My wife and I remained married for another 6 years and had three wonderful daughters who did not become JWs.

I have heard from other ex-JWs who told me similar stories. Some fought to the end to avoid being DF'd or reproved. Some attended their elder meetings and put up a bit of a fight, but were then later glad that they got DF'd - except for the shunning. Others did as I did and just walked away and never went back - and were better off for taking that route.

What I find to be significant is that JWs always seem to be in some kind of probationary status. They are truly afraid of the elders and what might happen if they are caught in a theater watching an "R" rated movie - or driving a red two-door sports car - or letting their children bring a doll to the Kingdom Hall - or missing a meeting because they had to work overtime. There are just too many ways to get in trouble as a JW - unless you are an elder. Elders tend to cover for other elders unless the gossip gets out of control.

I know of at least three of my former JW friends who moved to other congregations to get way from the gossip and unpleasant atmosphere in their current Kingdom Hall. I've shared most of those stories in earlier posts on this forum. It's very much like living in a communist dictatorship where you never know if your friends are spies and are looking for any little slip or gossip about you that can get you in trouble. Like schoolyard tattle-tales, they feel elevated when they can dish the dirt on someone. I've had my share of acquaintances like that - and, sad to say, most were JWs.

I think it is funny that child molesters can't be disfellowshipped or punished unless there are two witnesses or more. But others can get reproved or DFd based on accusations of non-criminal allegations. Ah! The "Crazy World of Jehovah's Witnesses"!

JV

• flipper
    flipper

My computer glitched up and didn't post my replies to page 2 , damn. Sorry about that. Gotta go to work all night so I'll have to reply tomorrow when I get back in town. Thanks for all the replies ! Keep em ' coming ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JUAN VIEJO:

Great post and a good summary of what goes on in Jehovah's Witness congregations all over. Nothing but gossiping stupid fools, some who have issues of being envious. You gave a good comparison to it being like a communist dictatorship...As an older person looking back, there's no way I would tolerate all this garbage now.

With regard to their 2 witness rule being applied in a child molestation case (where there is never an audience), but yet NOT required for every other accusation under the sun, I have a theory. They simply do not want to lose more men. The ratio of male to female is probably two women for every man and they don't want it to go down further.

It is a worthless religion and a very damaging place to be and I'm glad to be done with it.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I never got into any real trouble was pretty much checked out most of the time. But this is a story for the books. I knew a sweet girl from another congregation all the way back to when she was only like 14. I even dated her once or twice when she was older. Anyway when she was in her last year of high school a kid in her school took a liking to her. She wouldn't have any thing to do with him on a serious nature because he wasn't a JW. Well he acted interested and started a bible study with an elder in her hall. He even went to a few meetings.

Anyway he also started hanging out at her house, mind you the elders now told her to be nice to him. She would tell him to leave but he was the kind of worm that wouldn't leave. She didn't have a dad around and her mom was off most of the time dating a worldly man. This allowed him to not comply with her wishes. He also would follow her to any witnesses events that she attended etc. He was a leach basically. Finally one night he raped her. She didn't go to the cops or the elders most woman do not. 4 months later when the pregnancy was showing she went to the elders and told them what had happened. They were nice enough to disfellowship her. She ended up pregnant and homeless for a time. Wonderful cult isn't it.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    this same elder stated ... " it's better for a man to visit a prostitute than to masturbate because masturbation is so selfish . "

What a strange thing to say! It seems to suggest that he had a history of visiting prostitutes himself, and that remark was his way of telling himself that it isn't so bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit