The Idiocy and Craziness of WT Society Appointed Elders

by flipper 68 Replies latest members private

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Here is one for you flipper. Soon after my wife and I was married we would go out to eat at this place that had great hamburgers and beer. One night we was there having only one glass of beer and enjoying each other's company, laughing and holding hands. What we did not know was a old sister and her unbeliever husband was a few booths from us. We did not know they was even there. Will the unbelieving husband was angry we was enjoying ourselves and came to the conclusion that we was drunk. He took it on himself to call the PO of our congregation and told him we was drunk because we was laughing and enjoying each other. Well the next meeting we went to we was called before a juridical committee about our drunkenness. We told them we only had one beer and we would never get drunk. They reproved us for not drunkenness but for being to happy out in public and enjoying being together. We are not suppose to show any public affections because people would think we are having sex. Well guess what we was having sex. We was a young married couple just enjoying life. As I got older I finally figured out why they was so upset with us. All three elders was old and they was mad they was not getting any. LOL. This is just one of my many stories I have. Take care and have a great day. Still Totally ADD

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yep, it is certifiably wacky!

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I remember being so shocked the first time I realized how much a sister disliked me, after she had been treating me so sweetly the entire time that she and her husband were studying with us.

A pioneer sister and her elder husband. Both borned-inners from diehard jw families. Their parents had moved here to Georgia to help work the territory.

This couple were favorite friends of the couple who had first called on us and started our study. They had to pass us on to this younger couple. We were just hornswoggled with glee, thinking we had all these fine folks getting to be friends of ours. By the time we had been studying just a few months they knew every detail of both our lives. Awhile later when we began attending meetings, we found out everybody else in the cong knew all the details too.

Oh well, we thought. It's okay because all these people are going to be our friends and close as family, and they all care about us.

So we went through the Live Forever book and got baptized before we finished the Truth book. Once we were done with the second book it was so clear that the young woman didn't want anything to do with me, avoided me like crazy. She would speak to my husband but never even look me in the eye.

I was so well trained in making excuses instead of acknowledging big old red flags flapping in my face. I couldn't believe how well she covered her dislike until we were thoroughly cultified, then dropped me like a rock. I can imagine her thinking, "Well Jehovah wants you to be gathered into his org. Me, I can't stand the sight of you!"

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill
    They reproved us for not drunkenness but for being to happy out in public and enjoying being together.

That is a classic! Sadly, though, there are all too many around who cannot stand to see anybody else prosper (whether materially, or in other ways, such as enjoying themselves). Bad news, though, when such misery-gutses get put into a position of authority.

Bill.

PS: Your experience has certain similarities with Stalinist Russia, where it was practically an offence to ever laugh or smile. To do so was regarded as evidence that one was not taking life "seriously enough".

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wow, IOML.

Just wow.

Sylvia

• flipper
    flipper

Been out of town working for a couple days, finally back home to respond. Thanks again for your interesting comments !

STILL TOTALLY ADD- Wow. What a weird experience you and your wife had at the restaurant ! Yeah, I agree with you- I think a lot of older elders are jealous of younger JW elders or younger JW men because they have a normal sex life and the old farts aren't getting any sex from their own wives. So they become resentful of ANY happiness or smiling or laughs that normally, healthy young people enjoy - then these stoic old goats become dictatorial and abusive out of resentment. It's also a power trip for them to try to control our lives. So weird. I'm sure you have a lot more stories just like me- feel free to post them at any time. Thanks !

NATHAN NATAS- I agree- there were a bunch of wackadoodle's in the Witnesses. Still are, and more nutcases join every year ! It's like " One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest " being a JW these days- I swear.

IOWN MYLIFE- I'm so sorry that you were treated badly by " fake friends " within the JW organization. I experienced similar things as well. People who I thought had my back really were out to get me. People who would ratfink me out to elders for just listening to rock n' roll music. I mean - my own then JW wife ( now ex-wife ) in the early 1980's who was a JW fanatic ran to the elders telling them she caught me masturbating for Christ's sakes. I was in my early 20's , of course I wacked off occasionally ! I mean - doesn't everybody ? Is nothing sacred ? LOL.

BUNGI BILL- Good point Bill. There were so many elders who didn't WANT to see fellow JW's happy. And I truly believe it was due to they themselves not being happy in their own life. The old expression " misery loves company " was SO true in many elders cases. Their own life was hard with receiving " direction " or " discipline " from " mother" that they were determined to make other JW's lives miserable. Typical projection of misery type thing and attitude. Your Russia Stalin comment makes a lot of sense.

SNOWBIRD- Exactly. My sentiments as well. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• snowbird
    snowbird

I was just looking for this thread!

Flipper, you and I are scary sometimes.

Sylvia

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

There's an elder still serving in Kirkby, Liverpool who is an alcoholic and used to beat up his wife. The poor woman would come to the KH with a broken arm, black eyes, a fat lip etc and the elder would just say that she self harms. We all believed him. The other elders all believed him too. One day, my dad was doing some work for them (he was a carpenter) and saw this elder punch his wife in the face and give her a black eye. My dad stepped in and stopped it. My dad later reported this elder to the body in the KH. The elder denied it and my dad was marked as spiritually weak after that. He never recovered from it. He was so angry but still believed the org to be the truth but made up of imperfect men.

It doesn't end there though. The elders wife eventually had enough of being a human punch bag and left him. He told the congregation that his wife had left him because she wanted to leave "the truth" and he refused to. He even had a part in the circuit assembly in which he was interviewed as someone being loyal to Jehovah over his own spouse. I still remember the line he used "my wife gave me an ultimatum, either you leave the witnesses or i leave you... well, im still here". My family knew this was a lie. He got a round of applause and a lot of sympathy from the congregation.

He's still serving as an elder in Kirkby now. (for any Liverpool JW's, he was also active in the Polish group and his last name rhymes with Colburt).

• zeb
    zeb

I tend to skip these headings because to read them is for me a whistle to attract the black dog but when we were young my wife was told not to wear an ankle length skirt to the hall as it was 'worldly'. It was also winter. Other sisters would wear the 'regulation 'knee length' and bring a football blanket and wrap themselves up in it.

I was told once I had to wear my jacket when doing the mike. This was in summer when the kh was like an oven having no air-con. They were worried about me not wearing a jacket they might have been concerned about some of the female audience in their skimpy tops.

The witness cult has ever been obsessed with sex, clothing and power over others.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

not about taking the lead as the scriptures say but controll which appeals to many freaks who could never gain any position of authority in a public company based on ability Can you imagine anyone buying stock in a company run by the GB after seeing them close up on video it's pretty obvious they're dickheads it doesn't need to be tattooed on their forhead

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit