The Idiocy and Craziness of WT Society Appointed Elders

by flipper 68 Replies latest members private

• snowbird
    snowbird

Oh, I'm just getting started!

Down here, it gets so hot and humid that the insects go crazy.

So, after being on my feet working hard each day, I decided to purchase some Dr. Scholl's sandals for relief. Remember them?

I bought three pairs in each color. I thought they looked ok for the night meetings.

Well, a special-needs talk was given by an elder to the effect that proper attire for sisters was dress shoes and nylon hosiery.

I was so upset, after having spent so much money.

That should have been my cue to leave then.

Sylvia

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I was working for a JW elder who refused to pay any of his employees time and a half for overtime and whenever someone would call for him business wise he'd tell us to tell them " he's not there " .

I think I know that guy! Oh wait...sorry, they all try to screw over their employees. That's just business as usual.

I knew an elder who was abusive physically and emotionally towards his wife

" it's better for a man to visit a prostitute than to masturbate because masturbation is so selfish . "

Yep, know him too. But it's permissible for JDub males to verbally, physically, and emotionally abuse their wife and fool around with multiple non-JW women as long as they don't have actual full penetration or climax. Oh, and make large $$$ contributions to the local hall. This guy doesn't live in the Dallas/Ft Worth USA area now does he?

the control freak of an elder whose wife had to ask him which size eggs to buy.

I know this jack-wad too. I had never met him before he came to my house to try and "shepherd" me. He apologized for being late because he had to, "chastise my wife for buying a cookbook without permission." this bozo lives in Arizona now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

LOL @ FedUp.

Too much, man!

Sylvia

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember a young guy, early 20`s..

Lived in his mom and dad`s basement, Zero life experience..

JW Elder Daddy had him promoted to Elder..

...................................."I`m An Elder Now!"
    Image result for Clown with bible

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yep, Outlaw.

And, weren't they just too full of themselves!

I remember one young hotshot always used the imperious we in reference to himself.

Crazy!

Sylvia

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I'd love to vent and share a couple stories, but it would likely blow our successful fade. Just let me say that we are soooo glad we are out of the Cult and no longer worry about their petty bullshit nitpicking. We still miss many of our "friends". I suppose we are just as guilty of not calling them as they are of not contacting us. Perhaps they believe that we do not want anything to do with anything or anyone associated with JWs. (In part that is true. LOL)

C'est la vie!

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

I know some stories about some of the most prominent elders in my area.

One of them got his fiancee pregnant but instead of make a confession, they got married without saying a word. A couple of months after the wedding, this MS was appointed as an elder. Only after years and accidentally my family knew of this.

Another one made the same but many brothers at the congregation knew of it at the time. However, his father was the PO and the rest of elders were all good friends, so nothing happened.

Not to speak about all the business schemes where elders participated and in which a lot of publishers lost a lot of money.

This is something I always questioned myself about: how Gof can allow it and do nothing?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I remember one young hotshot always used the imperious we in reference to himself....................Crazy!.....Sylvia

Maybe he was Schizophrenic?..LOL!!

The guy in my post eventually married an older Crazy JW woman, who already had a gaggle of kids..

Then they had a kid he had to home deliver, she didn`t like Doctors or Hospitals..

Remember, this guy had no life experience.....Zero..

Within a year his jet black hair turned white......And..

He ran off with the neighbor lady next door.......LOL!!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!

A hot mess!

Sylvia

• flipper
    flipper

Thanks for the great replies ! Appreciate it very much.

SNOWBIRD- Hey thanks for the kind comments . Things are great now, thanks . Sounds like you saw your share of crazy happenings with elders as well. In your experience about the young gardener- I saw SO many JW men who were jealous of other men's financial standing or success - that it caused a lot of sniping at times. And I saw just as many wealthy JW's looking down in a snooty way at poorer JW's as well. Good point you make about the sharecropper thing. Many elders I knew didn't care one iota about equality. Favoritism happened way too much within congregations.

LANDY- Of course there were some nice elders, but many of them were not in my area. Your statement, " Being a JW doesn't make you an arsehole... " I tend to disagree with that statement. The whole systematic indoctrination of JW's from the top of the organization down to the lowest publisher in the congregation makes not only elders, but ALL JW's tend to think that they are better than everyone else on the planet. The only way a JW can fight or resist becoming an asshole is to get back their authentic non-cult personality that's been stolen away from them by the WT Society. THEN , and only then if they retrieve their authentic given humane personality that they were born with ( the non-JW personality ) can they learn empathy, compassion, and kindness. JW's aren't taught kindness from the WT Society- they are taught obedience, conformity to WT standards, rigidness, and the judging of others- including each other. I'm glad that you were lucky and didn't receive abusive or judgmental treatment from elders- that doesn't minimize the pain or lessen the severity of others negative experiences with elders however.

FREEMINDFADE- Hey guy, nice hearing from you. I'm probably aware of some of the folks involved in what you experienced. LOL. Isn't it crazy how petty the elders in JW land can be- making a big fuss over younger people playing music ? It's like the elders felt they were put on the planet to squash every bit of enjoyment we ever had in life . Sorry that you had to experience those adversities as well. I'm so glad we escaped that madness ! Thanks for sharing your experiences.

KONCEPTUAL 99- I agree, due to the WT mind control the JW hat DOES turn people into assholes for awhile. I know many folks here on this board who said that as a JW they themselves were judgmental, hardline JW's - but once they escaped the JW cult became much more accepting of other people, kind, considerate, and caring. It does have an effect- indeed.

WASANELDERONCE- Wow. Sounds like you went through some of the same things I did ! Sorry you had that experience. It's amazing how the elders try to think we are having sex with females in the congregation - when in actuality we are either just working doing our jobs or eating food or having coffee. Shows us what's on their minds constantly. Perverts that they are.

TALLON- So sorry that you experienced that bad treatment of you and your wife when your wife's health went sideways. The admonition of the elders to do more, more, more when people just needed rest and recuperation was indeed not kind at all on their part. I'm glad to hear that you folks got out of the Witnesses. I hope your wife is doing better now. Hang in there.

LONG HAIR GAL- Thanks for your kind words. You know- I think many of us just reached our breaking point where we could only stand being abused for so long. In time the pressure just builds up that we either get out of the JW cult- or we will have a breakdown ourselves. I don't think I was quite to that point- however- if I had stayed any longer I may have gotten to that point. As you mention- the violation of our personal boundaries, the violation of not being able to use our own free will, and being disrespected and exploited - it's all too much. You are right- the longer we are away from the JW cult the more clearly we see just how messed up the people AND the organization was - and still is today. Thankfully we escaped with our senses and can enjoy freedom of mind now. As Martin Luther King said " thank god I'm free ! "

Be back in a few minutes for page 2 replies

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit