What was your biggest pet peeve at the Kingdom Hall ???

by run dont walk 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Confucious
    Confucious

Those Kangaroo Court Votes...

How many in favor of paying for the Circuit Overseer's bill of bla bla bla, pantyhose, bla bla bla, candy, bla bla bla.

Sometimes I would just look around like, "are you shitting me???"

Then like everybody would raise their hand to vote together.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

why was it, that any hall you went to, had a broken down piano in it, that didn't work properly and no one could play ??? or was it just the halls I attended.

• run dont walk
    run dont walk

when they used to use the records (before cd's) for the songs, the crackling from the turntable was very annoying. You figure with all that money, they could at least send new records to the congregations once in awile.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

The loooooooooong concluding prayers.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Come to think of it, I had a LOT of pet peeves at the KH....(pondering, rubs chin)

Got royally ticked off when I tried to get a letter into the circus serpent's hands after a meeting one time, and wound up playing it like running a pigskin into the endzone while the buzzer's soundin'....those fellers were ALL OVER me, trying to prevent me from gettin' that info to him....rat batards!

Frannie B (of the "doin' tha endzone dance" class)

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    why was it, that any hall you went to, had a broken down piano in it, that didn't work properly and no one could play ??? or was it just the halls I attended.

we had one too!! that is so weird!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I did not think I had a pet peeve at the KH until I read what Confucious posted.

Those Kangaroo Court Votes... How many in favor of paying for the Circuit Overseer's bill of bla bla bla, pantyhose, bla bla bla, candy, bla bla bla. Sometimes I would just look around like, "are you shitting me???" Then like everybody would raise their hand to vote together.

And now when I look back yes this made/makes me angry. What I am ashamed of was that once or twice when the PO was away/vacation/sick I actually stood on the platform presented the COs expenses and took the vote -- I mean as if any JW is going stick his/her hand up and vote against -- that would be a d'fing offence wouldn't it?

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

Hey Run, I'd almost forgotten about those! Guess that gives away your age there, some kids today don't even know what vinyl is!

I can remember when I was a kid and they first started letting me run the sound system at the meetings, it was on records. And of course there'd always be one or two that would skip and the whole congregation would turn to look when it happened.

They didn't go from records to cd's though. Remember those huge volumes of cassette tapes? There'd always be some slowpoke operating the sound system who'd forget to rewind the tape and the whole congregation would have to wait while he re-wound it, smilingly oblivious to his screw-up, and then he'd forget to rewind it once the song was over.

Oh the sound systems! Anybody remember this stuff?

1. The brother who could never get the volume right. It would either be too low, or have way too much feedback. He'd also forget to even turn on the roving mics. And sometimes the podium mic.

2. The microphone handler who'd stand with the mic on his shoulder right under one of the loudspeakers.

3. The brother who sometimes worked the sound system who had no concept of "numerical order" and would leave the tape for song #9 in between the ones for songs #82 and #34.

4. The microphone handler who just couldn't keep up. Someone in his section would be called on to comment and he'd just stand there. Or he would look and look and not be able to find the person he was supposed to hold the mic for.

5. The cong members who when commenting would either grab the mic in an iron grip and practically swallow it, then when done instead of just turning loose would literally shove it away sometimes hitting the person in front of them in the back of the head. Or the ones who had some kind of phobia of the mic and kept moving their heads away from it and you'd have to "chase" them with the mic so everyone else could hear whatever mindless comment they had to make, which unfortunately usually meant they'd try to re-read the entire paragraph under discussion.

6. The brother at the podium who'd sing at the top of his lungs into the mic, but once the meeting began and it was time to speak he'd back away and speak at an almost inaudible volume.

Mike.

• shamus
    shamus

HAHHAHA!

I played the wrong song about three times.... very very funny! People singing and rude stares right at me....

Memories.... like the corners of my eye....

• Confucious
    Confucious

Bendrr,

hahahaha, your microphone post reminded me of another pet peeve.

The singing, when peope used to sing in like a different octave than everyone else.

Either that, or when they hold the note like 2 beats longer than everyone else.

hahahaha.

Confucious

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit